Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 MLB Playoff Contest: CLOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I'm getting your tag now... and in other threads. I bet there's a built in function preventing a high number to be tagged at once. (to block spam)

Well, I definitely don’t want to spam anyone. Just not sure of an alternative except to assume you will all check in on your own from time to time.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I'm getting alerts in my banner just fine. I choose not to do email notifications (from most websites). In my humble opinion, @cjedmonton and his generous contests have me checking into this site on a more than daily level, specifically to look into the participation, fun, and banter these threads often have. I don't think it is the performance of the site, nor how far Chris should go to message any of us. How anyone is not checking in more often during these contests really boggles my mind. That's some of the the fun and uniqueness in participating in these.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, I definitely don’t want to spam anyone. Just not sure of an alternative except to assume you will all check in on your own from time to time.
Yeah, trying to link people in your own contest is definitely not spam but I'm guessing the system sees it that way and filters to block group callouts. If this is true it would be nice if you could change it @Shaggy that would be awesome! :)

Its almost tragic that @banjar might be missing on all these news reports stating that he is in last place. :LOL:
Perhaps you could notify 1-14 rankings, and I could give special updates daily (err... hourly) to #15

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I could do occasional mass pms to members and link them to your contest..

A great idea, thanks for the offer! But, I don’t think that’s necessary.

At least half the field checks in regularly, so no need to tag them at all. For the rest, I can just tag in small batches once or twice a week.

Thanks for the support, though. Much appreciated.

Same goes for all you avid contestants!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I'd have to check, but I think I have been in 8th place the entire time. My guys need to wake up. I saw Turner pull a Hammy, so that is probably my demise right there.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I'd have to check, but I think I have been in 8th place the entire time. My guys need to wake up. I saw Turner pull a Hammy, so that is probably my demise right there.
Losing Turner hurts, for sure…especially since you were doubling up on his production.

I looked back and you have been solidly mid-pack almost the entire time. You’re consistent if nothing else!

Unfortunately, I think your path to victory is narrow and relies on ******* going on a tear for another 10 games. Of course, your WS bonus picks may or may not be a factor. Wait till Monday to find out!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Haha. Well, I thought I was being all clever by picking numbers in the high 90s. But then when I saw how the contest was actually set up, I knew I had no chance. And sure enough I'm sucking hard on that hind ****!

Yeah, trying to link people in your own contest is definitely not spam but I'm guessing the system sees it that way and filters to block group callouts. If this is true it would be nice if you could change it @Shaggy that would be awesome! :)

Its almost tragic that @banjar might be missing on all these news reports stating that he is in last place. :LOL:
Perhaps you could notify 1-14 rankings, and I could give special updates daily (err... hourly) to #15

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Haha. Well, I thought I was being all clever by picking numbers in the high 90s. But then when I saw how the contest was actually set up, I knew I had no chance. And sure enough I'm sucking hard on that hind ****!
I guess its like the start of game 5 in Squid Game...(having to pick a big or small number and not knowing the goal)

...but you did the best I'd say. Any multiplayer game with unknown variables you should pick the opposite of everyone else, so they have to compete in a deeper pool and you compete only vs yourself... and if you're wrong then you lose anyways.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
THROUGH OCTOBER 22nd:

scoring.jpg

standings.jpg

@chippernate, @JVHaste, @deaconblues63, @gt2590, @MrMet, @banjar

***LAST CALL TO MAKE YOUR WORLD SERIES BONUS PLAYER PICKS. PLEASE SEE POST #106. THE DEADLINE IS TOMORROW, OCTOBER 24TH***

---------------

@chippernate, @clarkzac, @WCTYSON

***POSSIBLE INSTANT WINNER ALERT***

You are one of only three teams to have ALCS MVP Yordan Alvarez on your team.

Therefore, one of you has won a Paypal gift or physical prize.

Among the 3 of you only, the 2nd person to send me a PM with your preference wins!

Please do not send your Paypal or mailing address until I confirm you are the winner.

Thanks and congrats in advance!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am hoping that NLCS player turns out to be Chris Taylor, only because that would mean the Dodgers won and he has had a pretty darn good run and would be a likely candidate for the award. I don't have Taylor on my team though sadly...

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
I am hoping that NLCS player turns out to be Chris Taylor, only because that would mean the Dodgers won and he has had a pretty darn good run and would be a likely candidate for the award. I don't have Taylor on my team though sadly...

You may not have Taylor, but you do have *******! He could very well stay hot and win the award.

Either way, I’m excited to reveal everyone’s WS players on Monday. It is shaping up to provide the interesting wrinkle I was hoping for.

Members online

Latest posts