Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Topps Opening Day 2 Hobby box rip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Oh, a while back, Topps had Opening Day Hobby boxes available for about a day and a half. I know this is marketed at kids, but it is still a rip that lets you scratch that itch, and for a fraction of other boxes. Out of two boxes, made one set, got nine of ten of the three player cards, a ton of the Bomb Squad and Mascot cards--all different!--the blue Alonso and Nootbar are one per box. The Stanton relic is a 1:485 pull and the Image variation of Scherzer is 1:1,132. No foils, Luck Of the Irish, Dugout peeks. They have ridiculous odds. Got an extra Wander single besides one for the set. A lot of tough pulls in this set. opening.jpg

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I bought a mega box of 22 packs at Walmart a few days ago. The only cards of note are the Franco RC and a couple of blue foil parallels, one of which is Scherzer. This was the first time I bought Opening Day since 2019 and the inserts are as bland as ever. Big League replaced Opening Day as my entry level product, but it's possible they pulled the plug on that brand. I'm STILL waiting for 2021 Big League to come out.

Members online

Latest posts