Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

365 DAYS OF POSTS (PLAYER/TEAM)= INTEREST ??

whcih player/subject would be more interesting to see ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
On another major board I thoroughly enjoyed reading the "daily" postings of a year long "collection" of a single player ( in this case it was Gary Carter). The poster titled it " 365 days of Gary Carter" and over a year posted some sweet stuff he had collected- pins, posters, cards, lineup stuff, plates, and various other knick knacks- everything from newspapers to towels to socks etc, etc, etc= all of it solely focused on his player collector love of everything Gary Carter.

I always thought the idea was great as I enjoyed looking for the posts daily to see how similar I was to that collector- sort of brought the hobby home in a way I was able to deeply connect with and no longer felt out of place for being so "focused" on the player aspects.

I have often wondered = would anyone here on FCB have an interest in a similar type post ??

I could do one of specific players (Roger Clemens, Nomar Garciaparra, Pudge Fisk, Dwight Evans, Fred Lynn, Boggs ) or could also do a team related one ( Red Sox items).

If anyone would like to see a similar post or feel this is something they'd enjoy reading let me know. I'm doing a major scan project after having spent 7 months finally scanning my 2000+ card slabbed BGS Clemens collection ( I also have another 500+ in PSA slabs).

I'll put up a POLL and we can go from there.

Jeff

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I voted for Fisk because I'll almost always favor a player from my era more than a newer player. However, it would need to be a wide variety of stuff to keep it interesting. 365 different cards may be fun to follow, but I have always had a deeper appreciation for the oddball items, so more than just cards is a must for me to be engaged. A team theme would work too, as there would be a greater variety to choose from. A team I like or have followed at some time would be most interesting to me personally (Dodgers, Padres, Mariners), but I would check out anyone with that deep of an appreciation for a team as long as there was good variety of items and also across an entire team history and not just recent stuff.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011

I know an interesting thread about a single player (or a team) would be an interest to me. On another board there’s a current running of 365 days of Clemente items that I check daily. Prior to this there was also one on Lou Brock which listed some great items. By the way thanks for the information on the Carter thread; I’ve been looking at that one now since I don’t really go on that forum. So far it looks like some very cool items.

I agree with what was said prior and that is there needs to be some unique items or variety, not just 365 days of cards. I know I’d probably continue to view, but not really look forward to new posts. Post some unique items, at least periodically, and I’m there...

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Been 2+ days so I'll start soon . Poll I believe I set for just a couple days. So far looks like split around multiple players which means Red Sox team players listed it may just be. I can mix the 5 of them and include lots of knick knack stuff. Wish I still had all my magazines ( most are gone now) as I had 50+ years worth of Red Sox magazine & newspaper related stuff. Will do what I can in that respect. I'll start in a wee bit once I get done with my emails.

jeff

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was going to add that a brief description or story is also a must to keep people interested. Just posting a photo and assuming everyone knows the story or origin is a sure fire way to lose viewers. It looks like you were on the same page for your day 1 post.

Latest posts