Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

84 HOF voters have released their votes....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
and here they are are:

% Leaderboard after 84 Full Ballots…

88.1 - Alomar
81.0 - Blyleven
81.0 - Dawson
58.3 - Larkin
51.2 - J. Morris
42.9 - T. Raines
42.9 - Edgar
40.5 - Lee Smith
32.1 - McGwire
26.2 - Trammell
21.4 - McGriff
9.5 - D. Murphy
9.5 - Baines
9.5 - Parker
7.1 - Mattingly

Top Partial Ballot Leaders… (112 Full/Partials)

80 - Alomar
77 - Dawson
74 - Blyleven

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Method of Election:
C. Any candidate receiving votes on seventy-five percent (75%) of the ballots cast shall be elected to membership in the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I may go insane if Dawson doesn't get in this year.
I thought for sure he would have gone in by now and every year I get let down when the announcement day hits.
I have a real good feeling about this year!

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The last few years have had around 500-550 voters..

2001 - 515 (Kirby Puckett, Dave Winfield)
2002 - 472 (Ozzie Smith)
2003 - 496 (Gary Carter, Eddie Murray)
2004 - 506 (Dennis Eckersley, Paul Molitor)
2005 - 516 (Ryne sandberg, Wade Boggs)
2006 - 520 (Bruce Sutter)
2007 - 545 (Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken Jr.)
2008 - 543 (Goose Gossage)
2009 - 539 (Rickey Henderson, Jim Rice)

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
The Hawk was one of the most overrated players of all time. Couldn't get on base, played on horrible teams, and honestly if it wasn't for that one fluke MVP season with the cubs he wouldn't get 50 percent of the vote. Blyleven shouldn't make it in either, never lead the league in anything.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
mwashuc06 said:
The Hawk was one of the most overrated players of all time. Couldn't get on base, played on horrible teams, and honestly if it wasn't for that one fluke MVP season with the cubs he wouldn't get 50 percent of the vote. Blyleven shouldn't make it in either, never lead the league in anything.
You know, I could spend a lot of time typing out all his stats that show you he is top 50 all time in most offensive categories, tell you how the bolded actually helps his case, tell you he was ROY & MVP(the only one ever on a last place team, btw), tell you he won 8 gold gloves, had 8 all-star games, and 4 silver sluggers when those things actually meant something. I could also tell you that he had a cannon for an arm, is one of only 3 players in the history of baseball to hit 400+ HRs and steal 300+ bases in their career(one other is Willy Mays, and the 3rd is a cheater). I could also tell you that he is better statistically than most of the right fielders currently enshrined in Cooperstown.

I could do all that, but it's much easier to just tell you that you're wrong.

Aug 13, 2008
C'mon Bert!

199%20Bert%20Blyleven.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
mwashuc06 said:
You know, I could spend a lot of time typing out all his stats that show you he is top 50 all time in most offensive categories, tell you how the bolded actually helps his case, tell you he was ROY & MVP(the only one ever on a last place team, btw), tell you he won 8 gold gloves, had 8 all-star games, and 4 silver sluggers when those things actually meant something. I could also tell you that he had a cannon for an arm, is one of only 3 players in the history of baseball to hit 400+ HRs and steal 300+ bases in their career(one other is Willy Mays, and the 3rd is a cheater). I could also tell you that he is better statistically than most of the right fielders currently enshrined in Cooperstown.

Word!

I wonder what Mac's numbers will be when all the votes are in.IMO...it will be really telling if they decide to let him in.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
chashawk said:
mwashuc06 said:

What a awesome response! Thanked! :lol:

I've said it other threads and I'll say it here too. I would love to see Alomar, Blyleven and Dawson get in this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts