Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

About time for a Justin Smoak thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Smoak has been on his game after missing a week due to the death of his father. 3-4 tonight with a homer and double in a Mariners win.

.315/.410/.573 with 5 homers, 20 rbis, 15 walks, and a .983 OPS.

• 4th in AL in OBP (.410)
• 5th in AL in SLG (.573)
• 3rd in AL in OPS (.983)

Wish he had a Topps auto...

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
gwynn5453l4u said:
One problem: He's on the Mariners. Is that even legal to start a thread on him??

What does that matter? So is Felix, Pineda and Ichiro.

And don't look now but the Mariners are one of the hottest teams in baseball. 7-2 in their last 9 against Boston, Detroit, Texas.

Can't wait till they get rid of either Ryan or Wilson and bring up Ackley.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
wasabicracker said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
One problem: He's on the Mariners. Is that even legal to start a thread on him??
Idk I wouldn't be proud to be a padre..... :lol:

No doubt! Luckilly I stopped being a Padre fan in 2001!! :(

Trust me, I would not be happier if the Mariners could keep up their current play, but I have learned (between the Mariners and the Seahawks) to not get my hopes up for a Seattle team.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I have been patiently waiting for him to start playing up to his potential. He is a great kid and a very talented baseball player and I don't think we have seen him at his best yet. Coming back home for his Father's funeral got him back in touch with his roots and I think kinda settled him down.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
We've had to hear for a while that the M's were idiots for taking Smoak over Jesus Montero, so it finally puts those arguments to rest lol

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
frzg said:
We've had to hear for a while that the M's were idiots for taking Smoak over Jesus Montero, so it finally puts those arguments to rest lol

+1

Time will tell on this for sure, as I think Montero will likely never find a defensive home yet could end up very comparable to Edgar Martinez in the long run. But Smoak is helping us win ballgames now, could become a plus defender, and should have an outstanding career ahead of him.

Btw, does anyone happen to know what the best Justin Smoak auto there is (i.e. rarest, desired, valuable)? I'm not educated on UD USA or Razor autos.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
chompsmcgee said:
frzg said:

+1

Time will tell on this for sure, as I think Montero will likely never find a defensive home yet could end up very comparable to Edgar Martinez in the long run. But Smoak is helping us win ballgames now, could become a plus defender, and should have an outstanding career ahead of him.

Btw, does anyone happen to know what the best Justin Smoak auto there is (i.e. rarest, desired, valuable)? I'm not educated on UD USA or Razor autos.

I personally like the USA stuff the best. Some stuff is starting to show up on EBay with the nice run he is having right now.

Members online

Latest posts