Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alan Trammell Timeless Teams Auto /5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I will chase these gold cards whenever they are reasonably priced. I have added several over the years, but most of the time they are either priced too high to begin with or sell for a bundle. This card showed up recently and nowhere does it mention Gold or the /5, but the picture was clear. This one wasn't getting by anyone after all. 3 bidders at $300+. I about crapped when I saw this today. I was a serious Garvey buyer for many years and Garvey is not a HOFer and Trammell is, but I would not be touching a /5 auto for $300 even in my prime. Sweet 1/1s hardly ever topped that, eben in 2005! There are some rabid AT collectors out there.

My snipe bid was a now laughable $66! For comparison, I won a George Foster /5 yesterday for around $40.

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 7.17.56 PM.png

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Sheesh. I've seen some dramatic outliers in my years chasing Will Clark Upper Deck stuff. Quite a few set builders to contend with beyond my player collector brethren.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
So I missed this auction while on vacation this summer. Don't know how aggressive I would have been, but I would have been closer to the market than I was with the Topps Retired auto.

It would have been nice to add the /5 to this one. Bought at a completely different time (2006) when Trammell was still in the Hall of Very Good and prices had yet to get crazy.

Trammell Alan - 2004 UD TT 1of1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
So I missed this auction while on vacation this summer. Don't know how aggressive I would have been, but I would have been closer to the market than I was with the Topps Retired auto.

It would have been nice to add the /5 to this one. Bought at a completely different time (2006) when Trammell was still in the Hall of Very Good and prices had yet to get crazy.

View attachment 342372
Nice, I managed to find 1 Garvey 1/1 auto from this set out of 4. Think I got a decent deal on it, but frankly don't recall now it's been so long.

Members online