Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols 2002 Topps HTA Polanco back.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
img20210208_20180477 2.jpgimg20210208_20231121 2.jpg
I recently Picked up 4 Albert Pujols 2002 Topps HTA's and was not really familiar with this version of the card. the first 3 I bought from Beckett Market Place so I didn't get to see the actual item until I received them in the mail. Saw the backs with Polanco and thought wow The HTA's were all errors too. Picked up an HTA Cardinals Team set and I was not able to see the back of the Pujols card until I got them in the mail. I wasn't expecting to see Pujols on the back of the card but thats who was pictured. Talked to the eBay seller about the card thinking the Pujols may be a rare card but he told me that the HTA's were all corrected. Does anyone have any information on this particular error? Ive searched the internet and can't find anything.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
View attachment 121162View attachment 121163
I recently Picked up 4 Albert Pujols 2002 Topps HTA's and was not really familiar with this version of the card. the first 3 I bought from Beckett Market Place so I didn't get to see the actual item until I received them in the mail. Saw the backs with Polanco and thought wow The HTA's were all errors too. Picked up an HTA Cardinals Team set and I was not able to see the back of the Pujols card until I got them in the mail. I wasn't expecting to see Pujols on the back of the card but thats who was pictured. Talked to the eBay seller about the card thinking the Pujols may be a rare card but he told me that the HTA's were all corrected. Does anyone have any information on this particular error? Ive searched the internet and can't find anything.
I am not aware of the HTA corrected version but this is starting to make sense now. Rich Klein did a Beckett article around 2010 showing the corrected version but it did not have the HTA stamp on it. In the article, the owner of corrected card mentioned he got it from a blue factory set. The blue factory set actually has HTA listed on box. I think the owner pulled the Pujols out of set and it was just missing the HTA stamp. So that is my thought now. You have a nice card and I do not have that one in my Pujols collection. If it was missing the foil it would be more rare.

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
I am not aware of the HTA corrected version but this is starting to make sense now. Rich Klein did a Beckett article around 2010 showing the corrected version but it did not have the HTA stamp on it. In the article, the owner of corrected card mentioned he got it from a blue factory set. The blue factory set actually has HTA listed on box. I think the owner pulled the Pujols out of set and it was just missing the HTA stamp. So that is my thought now. You have a nice card and I do not have that one in my Pujols collection. If it was missing the foil it would be more rare.
So the HTA back with Pujols is more rare than the Polanco?

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
So i'm guessing the Polanco backs came out of packs and the Pujols backs came out of factory sealed sets?

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
So i'm guessing the Polanco backs came out of packs and the Pujols backs came out of factory sealed sets?
I believe the HTA stamped cards were only found in factory set form. The Polanco ones are more common and corrected Pujols were randomly found in blue hta factory sets. Topps has confirmed they corrected the backs. No HTA stamps were in packs to my knowledge.

Last edited:

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
I believe the HTA stamped cards were only found in factory set form. The Polanco ones are more common and corrected Pujols were randomly found in blue hta factory sets. Topps has confirmed they corrected the backs. No HTA stamps were in packs to my knowledge.
I just bought 2 blue factory sealed HTA sets on eBay. I am planning to crack open both sets just to see if I get a Pujols back lol

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
One small correction, the Beckett article on the Pujols card has to be way before 2010 because my last E&V column was in June 2007. I think the article is late 2002, early 2003. But this makes sense to me. I'll check the COMC Data Base when snowmageddon down here in DFW clears up.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
One small correction, the Beckett article on the Pujols card has to be way before 2010 because my last E&V column was in June 2007. I think the article is late 2002, early 2003. But this makes sense to me. I'll check the COMC Data Base when snowmageddon down here in DFW clears up.
2010 was not correct. It was a few years earlier, maybe 2005.

Last edited:

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
Having a little set opening party. Have not found the Pujols yet. Will post results soon. Putting together team sets. DSC_4029.JPGDSC_4072.JPG

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
Pulled some really nice centered cards out of these sets today. Vida Blue/Gene Tenace came with one of my packages. DSC_4078 2.JPG

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I have confirmed that the corrected back HTA Albert Pujols can be found in the blue 2002 Topps HTA factory sets after my set arrived today. Waiting on another set to arrive.

Attachments

• 20210219_190010.jpg
    20210219_190010.jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210219_185935.jpg
    20210219_185935.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
I have confirmed that the corrected back HTA Albert Pujols can be found in the blue 2002 Topps HTA factory sets after my set arrived today. Waiting on another set to arrive.
Round 2...DSC_4098.JPGDSC_4099.JPG
DSC_4093.JPGDSC_4094.JPGDSC_4095.JPGDSC_4097.JPG
...was a success! Got another corrected back. 2 for 2.

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
Also got this in the mail today :) debating whether I should open it or not?DSC_4109.JPG

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah I know it has the wrong back but my main concern is will the cards stick together more since it has a different surface? and if it stays closed for too long you wont be able to unstick the cards without paper loss.

Members online