Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I'm not a pujols collector per se but I have always been a fan and my PCs have always included him. I have more than I should admit

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
Albert Pujols cards have seen a spike in prices lately and it is making it harder to find good deals anymore. Not seeing many oddball cards either.
I have noticed the spike also. 3 weeks ago no one was touching the 2002 topps opening day rookie cup on eBay now every auction I see there are at least 8-10 watchers on that card. I got all of the cards in the one pic I posted on this thread when they were all cheap because I saw how under valued his cards were. I still think his cards are still under valued or at least his topps rookie still is when you compare it to the topps Mike Trout rookie. I wished I would have bought the bowmans best rookie when it was 175 raw. now they are selling for 400-800 raw depending on the condition.

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
Albert Pujols cards have seen a spike in prices lately and it is making it harder to find good deals anymore. Not seeing many oddball cards either.
Also about a month ago you could buy the gold rookie cup for around $40 if it popped up. One just sold a few days ago for $132.50. One card I never managed to pick up because every example I saw was off center by a lot and so was the case for the last one that sold.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I have noticed the spike also. 3 weeks ago no one was touching the 2002 topps opening day rookie cup on eBay now every auction I see there are at least 8-10 watchers on that card. I got all of the cards in the one pic I posted on this thread when they were all cheap because I saw how under valued his cards were. I still think his cards are still under valued or at least his topps rookie still is when you compare it to the topps Mike Trout rookie. I wished I would have bought the bowmans best rookie when it was 175 raw. now they are selling for 400-800 raw depending on the condition.

I bought my 2001 BB for $55 in 2015

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009

I sold this card on eBay about seven months to a guy who portrayed himself as a Pujols collector for $600.00 and in the negotiation I asked him to sell it back to me at a reasonable price should he no longer want it. He immediately put it up for sale for $2500.00 and about a month ago bumped it up to $9500.00. It looks like he just brought it down to $7400.00.

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
I sold this card on eBay about seven months to a guy who portrayed himself as a Pujols collector for $600.00 and in the negotiation I asked him to sell it back to me at a reasonable price should he no longer want it. He immediately put it up for sale for $2500.00 and about a month ago bumped it up to $9500.00. It looks like he just brought it down to $7400.00.

What a chump. $600 seems low for that card even 7 months ago. I hate greedy people like that.

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
What a chump. $600 seems low for that card even 7 months ago. I hate greedy people like that.

Unfortunately I was the chump. I had it originally listed at $1000.00 and had two offers of $850.00 but those offers came from known eBay sellers. The guy I sold it to made himself out to be a Pujol collector and it was going on display in his house so I opted to sell to him. Lesson learned.

Members online