Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols DFA'd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abide

Apr 29, 2021
Never thought this could happen.
Even as he declined, I expected Arte Moreno to declare that he would be kept on the roster no matter what, out of respect.
I wonder if the Angels asked him to retire, and he refused?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Crazy turn of events. I would imagine they had the conversation with him and wanted to give him an opportunity to play out the year somewhere else.
Certainly one of the best I ever saw in my lifetime. His rookie year was my senior year of high school and I wasn't really into minor league/prospect stuff yet and to me he came out of no where and dominated, crazy to see.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Like the old saying goes.
"What have you done for me lately"
It totally sucks that the Angels did this. To me it is lack of respect. Its just a business decision they will say. There are worse players on that team.

Last edited:

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
He is hitting .200 with 5 hrs which sadly would be welcome on a lot of teams right now. Hitting across the board in MLB at this moment is horrendous. Someone will take a flyer on him as a discounted DH, it's just up to him whether he wants to do it or hang it up. Wouldn't complain if my A's got him as right handed bat/DH and a veteran presence. Worked well for them in the past with the likes of Don Baylor, Dave Parker, and Frank Thomas.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The Cardinals: “We can’t just release Matt Carpenter, even though he’s producing next to nothing while making $19.5 million this season.”

The Angels: “Hold my beer.” *Releases Albert Pujols who’s making $30 million this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts