Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I saw the back and forth you guys had in the thread. It's cool you worked such a large deal out.
The 5th item was a Twins 2010 jersey, but being as he only had 4 home games, I opted for the 200 instead.
The 4 items I got are sweet though.
Eating dinner then I will take pics and post.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
Does anyone know the proper catalog designation for this Puckett card? I am unable to locate it in my Beckett Almanac. I assume they just catalog it as 1989 MLBPA Superstars but just double checking before I add to my lists.

76PSA_0005.jpg

76PSA_0006.jpg

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Quick back story to the trade:
About 5-6 years ago, I started to collect the 1985 Topps set. It was the first set that I fully collected as a kid, so for the fun of it, I started TTM and IP the set. Then I started buying cards on ebay, slowly putting the set together. At a point I hit a wall and got bored with it, I had 1/2 the set complete (400 cards). I have been trying to sell the set off over the years, not wanting to break it up.

A couple weeks ago, I see Pat Neshek posts on his proboards that he is looking to put this set together, if anyone has any, he is willing to trade for them.
Ding Ding Ding, I think I have a trade partner. So I PM Pat with a thread I had started on there previously, showing all of the cards I have.
After a few back and forth PMs, the final deal is below, needless to say, I am pretty happy with the trade, I think I got some great items in return for a set that was just collecting dust.

NOTE: The original deal included a GU Twins Home Jersey from 2010, but knowing that Pat only played in 4 games, I wasnt overly enthused with it, so we swapped that out for $200, which I thought was more than fair.

First Item
2012 Oakland A's Road Uniform
I had Pat inscribe it with AL West Champs and 2012 Game Used

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

2012 Oakland A's GU Hat
Same inscriptions as above, shows great use

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

2011 Padres GU Hat
This is the hat that they wore for every Sunday Home Game

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Final Item
2011 Padres GU Cleats (used all year long, and are featured on his 2011 Topps Card)

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

5611891.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
That's a crazy deal Chris! And wouldn't that A's jersey be from the playoffs as well since that was when they had the GJN patches?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for the nostalgia Taylor! After I started watching that commercial I remembered it

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Great stuff Chris, I like the inscription he left on the cleats

The A's hat and jersey and the cleats, thats what I requested to be inscribed. Didnt know what to do with the Padres hat, so left it with just the Game Used.

The cool thing too is Pat provided his own COAs for each item, yeah they are just done up in Word, but he signed them so provides some proof of legitimacy if these were to ever be moved.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Pac and TB, cards have arrived from Sportslots, I will get those out to you in the AM
TG, LMK if you want yours mailed or just meet up on Friday, after you find out your school schedule.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts