Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrew Luck the next Tim Couch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
think about this, the Colts are pretty much an expansion team. I remember all the hype about Couch, better than Peyton Manning coming out. I looked at some archives on Tim Couch before he was drafted, Mel Kiper said he was the best prospect since Elway, sound familiar. Luck could become great, but his situation is about as bad as it can be coming in for any QB. Horrible defense, no proven run game, no WR as Garcon is a FA, and the offensive line is a mess.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Totally new system in place in Indy. You lose Manning, you lose the offense.

The Browns tried to jam Couch into a system, the Colts will build their system around Luck/Griffin.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I think people were amazed also with the Air Raid offense. Mike Leach still has not had a successful pro QB

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Luck may never be one of the greatest, but imo there is little chance he is anywhere close to a Couch. Realistically I think a worst-case scenario (outside of devastating injury) is that he winds up a Matt Ryan type.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So much of how a young QB develops depends on the team around him. Tim Couch was set up to fail from the day he was drafted. He went to the Browns, they sucked back then (and still do) and didn't have any good WR's. If the Colts can keep their WR corp together, I don't see him failing. Even if they don't, certain QB's can overcome that and still be good right away and I think Luck is good enough to do that.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
Its ok man, you can tell us. Were you change1 on bmb?

Thank Chris you just made my milkshake come out of my nose. Thanks for the good laugh but damn cookies and cream don't feel good up there