Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Announcing FCB's PSA Bulk Sub Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
cgilmo said:
ideal0024 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":242dt1gu]
How do the values work? Are the listed values the approximate sell value of the raw card?

whichever benefits you the most, its more of an approximation

Ok, so just a hypothetical here but if I have cards that would sell for $50 raw but might sell for $500 with the grade I think they might get, I can submit them with the cheapest price tier?

And if I have cards that sell for ~$150 raw, can I still go with the cheapest one or do you have to go with the next tier?[/quote:242dt1gu]

Value is your purchase price or the current market value to acquire the item raw. You should not project value based on a hypothetical grade.

I have been grading cards with PSA since 1999 and have never been questioned on the value that I assessed to a card. With that said you need to be forthright and not attempt to grade a $500 under the $100 special.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
CGilmo,
Did PSA give you any indication as to whether they will actually try to hit the turnaround times. Anyone that submits to PSA knows that there turnaround times are not guaranteed, nor are they ran on a FirstIn-FirstOut basis. Which causes significant variation in turnaround; its not uncommon for someone's poppage to show up a week late, while the same day, someone else with the same submission level sees theres poppage in less than a week.
Any indication if we can expect them to try to actually live up to those turnarounds, particularly with the 30day?

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
So this does not include PSA encasing and slabbing in person signed cards and such right? THere won't be any authentication?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
alifaxwa2 said:
CGilmo,
Did PSA give you any indication as to whether they will actually try to hit the turnaround times. Anyone that submits to PSA knows that there turnaround times are not guaranteed, nor are they ran on a FirstIn-FirstOut basis. Which causes significant variation in turnaround; its not uncommon for someone's poppage to show up a week late, while the same day, someone else with the same submission level sees theres poppage in less than a week.
Any indication if we can expect them to try to actually live up to those turnarounds, particularly with the 30day?

I'm told they will do everything they can to hit those times. But ofc if they don't we are at their mercy and there is no recourse.

I anticipate us doing a November sub!

hambino, this is for card grading only at this time

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
cgilmo said:
I'm told they will do everything they can to hit those times. But ofc if they don't we are at their mercy and there is no recourse.

Of course, I realize that. I wanted to get clarification more for the masses here, so they understand that while BGS deadline is in fact that, for PSA, an estimated turnaround time has as much importance as a fart in the wind.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
alifaxwa2 said:
cgilmo said:

Of course, I realize that. I wanted to get clarification more for the masses here, so they understand that while BGS deadline is in fact that, for PSA, an estimated turnaround time has as much importance as a fart in the wind.

A fart in the wind has a lot of importance if it's a smelly one and I am downwind. All about perspective I guess

Members online