Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another fake or not patch question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
This is on ebay:
!BUoKQV!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-DIEjlLlvv6nBKOdCtyHsg~~_1.jpg
It's numbered out of /25. I guess the only thing I question is did they put mlb logo patches in these cards?

I have this one in my collection:
cubspatch.jpg

prozac4312

Aug 7, 2008
Akron, OH
Toughie...

I'm torn...I've seen legit patch cards with parts of the MLB logo in Fleer products before...but what are the odds that the main player of the card would have it?

Hm...

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
prozac4312 said:
Toughie...

I'm torn...I've seen legit patch cards with parts of the MLB logo in Fleer products before...but what are the odds that the main player of the card would have it?

Hm...

I know. I have little doubt that the Sosa and Ramirez patches are real but I'm just not sure about the Pujols. Would a patch faker go through the trouble of faking one patch but not the others?

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
I'm leaning towards real on that one, Fleer was notorious for inserting prime patch pieces in cards numbered even as high as 50 sometimes, they would not care about the numbering at all. Seeing as your a Sosa collector, does it really matter anyway?

The window looks in no way damaged at all, sometimes a telltale sign of altering. I say real. If its in your price range, buy it.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
prozac4312 said:
Toughie...

Hm...

the odds are one in three, or 33.33333333%

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
My only concern would be the price it goes for. If the patch is indeed fake, the price will be a little higher regardless....are you willing to pay a higher price for a Sosa patch (with others) if there is a chance part of the card isn't genuine?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Am I the only one that thinks that red on the cards patch is a little too dark? It doesn't look as bright as Cardinal red. I could be wrong though.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
If you question it at all, wait for another that you don't have the questions about. That's my motto for patch cards now.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
Thumpersports said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
If you question it at all, wait for another that you don't have the questions about. That's my motto for patch cards now.

Exactly, thats my motto also.

That is probably what I will do since it is a little expensive for my taste and Sosa doesn't have that nice of a patch.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
Am I the only one that thinks that red on the cards patch is a little too dark? It doesn't look as bright as Cardinal red. I could be wrong though.

Thats 'mlb logo' red, not Cardinals red. I'd say real but would stay away because I'm just not absolutely certain.

Members online

Latest posts