Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another USO tour came to Afghanistan.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Posted this on the General Chat, but thought I'd share it here, as I think this gets the most traffic and I spend most of my time here.

Was lucky enough to tag along with the boss today and met a couple cool cats.

David Robinson
100_0076.jpg

Tommy Lasorda (82 & Man could he tell some stories!! WOW)
100_0085.jpg

Mack, COL Ryan, myself, & SGM Blaine (THE UNIT) :D :D :D :D
100_0092.jpg

Scenic Afghanistan from the rear of a CH47 Chinook
100_0080.jpg

A pretty good day! ;)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Wow thats really cool. Love the view from the back of the chinook as well. Do you guys ever hang out with the Canadian troops there at all?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
great pics Russ especially the one from the back of the Chinook. I am amazed at how beautiful Afghanistan is. meeting Lasorda must have been awesome. as always stay safe and thanks for your service.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
It's great to see people going over there for all you guys. I'm a big Howard Stern fan and Artie Lange had some great stories when he went last summer. Stay safe.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Very nice...that Robinson dude is tall, or you are quite short.... :lol:

I think we exchanged notes back in the winter as my brother-in-law (who was in Baghdad) was paid a visit by Curt Schilling.

Stay safe and thanks (again) for your service!!

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I thought you were back in the states? Man how many times have you been over there? Great pictures by the way. Probably a good reprieve to have some down time and meet some awesome people.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
congrats man that is awesome. The best I got to meat was the bushwackers from the wwf. Good luck to you out there man and keep your head down!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
THanks for all the comments guys.
Tommy was quite the story and joke teller!!

justinmandawg said:
I thought you were back in the states? Man how many times have you been over there? Great pictures by the way. Probably a good reprieve to have some down time and meet some awesome people.
I was but only for a 2 week leave.
I'm doing a 15 month tour here (the last unit military wide to do so).
Got here in March '08, will be home FOR GOOD early June. ;)

This is my third deployent in 6 years. 2 to Iraq, and this one to Afghanistan.

MaineMule said:
Very nice...that Robinson dude is tall, or you are quite short.... :lol:

I think we exchanged notes back in the winter as my brother-in-law (who was in Baghdad) was paid a visit by Curt Schilling.

Stay safe and thanks (again) for your service!!
Well, I'm 6'1" and yes I'm quite short when I'm NEXT to the Admiral. lol

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
That's awesome. I'm jealous you got to meet The Unit crew. That show is awesome.

Tommy Lasorda and The Admiral would be fun to meet as well. Lucky guy you are for getting to meet them. :)

Members online