Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any advice for a guy selling his first SUPER?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey guys,

As you may know, markakis8 pulled me a Jimmy Rollins SUPER fractor from our 09 BC player break the other nite. I am going to take offers in the next couple of days, but I'm leaning towards the Bay. I was thinking to start it Tues. nite for a week, which would mean it would end the day before the WS starts.

I know there a lot of experienced sellers here and I've never sold this kind of TRUE 1/1.

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
The chrome supers have fallen pretty hard, I would personally try to find a player collector. but you should get like 30-60$ for it good luck.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
$.99 and let it ride for 7 days. You will probably have someone trying to do an offer outside of Ebay. If it's a good offer you should take it.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm sure J-Roll getting the walk-off won't hurt, but I was still looking for any advice you guys have.

A Braun sold for $180. I know he's a better all-around player and has a bigger following, but it still gives me hope for a big number.

Thanks!

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
gt2590 said:
I'm sure J-Roll getting the walk-off won't hurt, but I was still looking for any advice you guys have.

A Braun sold for $180. I know he's a better all-around player and has a bigger following, but it still gives me hope for a big number.

Thanks!

don't get your hopes up to much. it's still jimmy rollins and one hit won't make a killing for you. my guess would be $40 max for it is what you'll get. anything close to that or over and i'd take it and not look back. any way you look at it, it's still a VETERAN card who has had many cards in the past.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
List it for 30 days with a $249.99 BUY IT NOW with a BEST OFFER.

Offer free delivery as well. This will let it run through the postseason, should the Phillies make the World Series. You have 48 hours to accept or reject any offer. I am often surprised by the offers I receive on cards. I sold a Jose Reyes super 1/1 for $250 in 2007, so you just never know.

Expect to get about $50-60, but I would take any offers over $100.

David

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
leatherman said:

Offer free delivery as well. This will let it run through the postseason, should the Phillies make the World Series. You have 48 hours to accept or reject any offer. I am often surprised by the offers I receive on cards. I sold a Jose Reyes super 1/1 for $250 in 2007, so you just never know.

David

I agree with this, but I'd set the BIN a tad lower, say $199 or so.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
rico08 said:
Definitely keep pre-spamming it though.
Definately keep making positive contributions to threads :lol:

Congrats on your first super, bud! I say let it run. I'm sure there are at least a few J-Roll collectors out there. You may end up with a bidding war, who knows?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
rico08 said:
Definitely keep pre-spamming it though.

Quoted for the truth....how is selling a Super different than selling your used squirt-stained underwear? List the item, include and accurate description...nevermind, you are simply pimping your card in the hopes of soliciting an offer before listing the card.

Ahhh......I can't stand donkeys.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
ok 3 things here

1) mchuckwagon- the dog in your sig is super cute, what breed is it

2) ask lancemountain , a board member of a site called fcb if he would like it

3) what is with people and the bowman chrome supers of vets, i kinda like them better than topps chrome ones, but why does everyone say they are worse

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
miguelcabrera said:

That is not me or my dog....that is another board member. Funny to old school NC members, puzzling to everyone else.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
muchuckwagon said:
miguelcabrera said:

That is not me or my dog....that is another board member. Funny to old school NC members, puzzling to everyone else.

i was just wondering what breed it was, not if it was you or not

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
miguelcabrera said:
muchuckwagon said:
miguelcabrera said:

i was just wondering what breed it was, not if it was you or not

Well, seeing as it is not my dog....I have no idea.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Looks like some sort of beagle mix, miggy.

beagle_pup.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
matfanofold said:
leatherman said:

David

I agree with this, but I'd set the BIN a tad lower, say $199 or so.

+1
I also would take any offer over $60, after waiting for full 48hrs...i doubt there are a LOT of jimmy rollins player collectors, and now is the time that you would find the few out there though. People would pay more for Braun mainly because people are hoping he will turn into a big slugger, where people know what they are getting bidding on rollins....ps, i just listed a bowman chrome refractor Rollins last night because this is the best timing i think....and if there are any Jimmy Rollins collectors I have a international refractor too.

Last advice...add Jimmy Rollins to the subject of this thread to help increase exposure for anyone on the board that may like jimmy.

Members online