Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any card in your PC that does NOT have a price tag?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I turned down an offer of $7000 cash for my Clemente. It would take stupid money to get me to part with it.

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I currently own 5 Matt Holliday penny relic cards from the 2012 Gypsy Queen set. I have cards # 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7 and as most of you know they are #rd out of 10. I don't know if I could sell unless someone offered me an absolute ridiculous amount of cash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
Here's where I'm at:

Vlcsnap-2009-10-11-22h00m06s119.jpg

"The Point of No Return"

So... let's say I sell my collection and put $XX,*** in the bank or buy a GT500... Then what??? This is my passion and I happen to be really good at it - So I will keep my cards.

I have a collection that has grown with me over 20 years and it represents more than Jose Canseco... The cards represent my dedication, persistence, chase, accomplishment.

It was/is no easy task... and although there are not many "fans" of Canseco left - there was/is plenty of competition for his cards. The memories and satisfaction is priceless.

How many people get to say they are the best at something in the world? Not willing to give up my collection for anything - I can make more money, I can't make more 1/1s.

-AJ

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
At the moment none of my PC has a price tag, unless I get offered a dollar amount that would significantly increase my income. I tried selling cards from my PC a while ago and the amount of stress/regret it caused is way more than the dollar amount I earned. It's hard at times - someone may offer me $50 for a card I don't care about much, but in the long run $50 isn't going to get me to a new place in my collection. I tend to be a hoarder of cards:p

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Yup, wasn't even remptely tempted. I told the guy he might as well find one on ebay from a different set. I wouldn't even entertain a # under 5 figures.

What is the story behind the card and can we see a pic?

Me personally I try to hold onto some cards more than others but if the price is tempting then I will sell.
A lower numbered or jersey #'ed card I would really have to get a top dollar offer for it. Especially if I would have a hard time getting it another copy down the road.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
What is the story behind the card and can we see a pic?

Me personally I try to hold onto some cards more than others but if the price is tempting then I will sell.
A lower numbered or jersey #'ed card I would really have to get a top dollar offer for it. Especially if I would have a hard time getting it another copy down the road.

There is a pic in the single card hall of fame nomination thread. I pulled it back in 2005. Not only was it the very first pack I had purchased of anything in 11 years, it got me back into the hobby. Over the last 8 years, it has been a conversation starter many times, and the centerpiece of my collection. I would regret it for many years if I sold it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
If I'm in serious need of cash, every card has a price tag. In fact, I have a few cards (that I pulled) stashed away for that very situation.

But, in an everyday setting, there are cards that I'd rather not part with. Even for a good offer.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I have really thought about this question and my first thought was there is no way I would sell my Andre Dawson collection. I have spent over 25 years putting this collection together. No one has a collection like this. But then I got to thinking, if someone would offer me $1 for every Andre Dawson card that I had, I could pay off my house, by a new used car, quit my crappy job and go back to school, then I just might have to do it. No way, barring any unforeseen circumstance that would demand I need money, am I ever piecing it out. My son can do that when I am no longer here if he wishes.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I would love to say that there is no way that I would ever sell, but you just never know.

If someone made a serious offer, I would at least entertain it.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
View attachment 22970

I waited 4 long years to own one. It's been 7 years since i landed it. 0 have Shown up since. This card is the flux capacitor for my Delorian

Weird, I have like 3 or 4 of these ;)

Just kidding... that card is sick... I've always been a HUGE fan of the way his auto looks

Yup, wasn't even remptely tempted. I told the guy he might as well find one on ebay from a different set. I wouldn't even entertain a # under 5 figures.

That's insane but it's also an insane card ;)

I wish I had a card that I would want to be buried with

I currently own 5 Matt Holliday penny relic cards from the 2012 Gypsy Queen set. I have cards # 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7 and as most of you know they are #rd out of 10. I don't know if I could sell unless someone offered me an absolute ridiculous amount of cash.
That's pretty cool. I have one of the Belle's and that's enough for me but one day I do want to have like all the cards from a serial number set... going after something serial numbered /3 is probably where I'll start lol

Birddog01

Sep 1, 2013
I have an A&G Ascent of Man - Amphibians card. I would never sell it because it doesn't deserve to be a card, let alone sold. ;)

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
At this point none of my pc has a price tag. I have had other collectors ask about cards in the past but I have never come close to selling anything out of my Puckett collection.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
For no price?!

It would have to be something very substantial for me to sell. I would be more likely to sell everything thing at once than just one card though. If I ever decided to get rid of my stuff it would be permanent and everything.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It would have to be something very substantial for me to sell. I would be more likely to sell everything thing at once than just one card though. If I ever decided to get rid of my stuff it would be permanent and everything.
I can see this. I'm in the same boat... I would want to get rid of it all and not just a few of my rare cards lol.

I was just asking because I think most of us don't have price tags on our PC but the question was more about if there would be one if a large enough number came through the door.

Members online