Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Card Shops in the Pittsburgh Area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hey all,

I moved to pittsburgh almost a year ago and have yet to visit a card shop. I've looked online for card shops and for the most part its hard to tell if any of these places are still in business or if they are any good.

Just looking for a new place to check out and maybe pick up some supplies. If they have some decent boxes with 90s-00s stuff to sort through that would be a plus.

Thanks
Dan

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
heres some upcomming shows, not sure if any are in your area tho
May 3,4,5 - Berkshire Mall, Reading, Pennsylvania, Mike 215-396-8016
May 4 - North Side Card Show, Pittaburgh, Allegheny Elks #339 Hours: 8am-3pm, 412-721-8109, KCG Promotions | Pittsburgh's Premier Sports Card Promoter
May 4 - Days Inn & Suites, 1492 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Dave Brill, 717-682-2085
May 10,11 - Harrisburg Mall, Exit 5 A Off I 83, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Clem Clement 610-937-1240
May 17-19 - Columbia Mall, I-80 Exit 232, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, Brett A. Reed 570-682-9689
Jun 1 - Days Inn & Suites, 1492 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, 30-Free, Dave Brill Phone:717-682-2085
Jun 1-2 - Palmer Park Mall, Rt. 248 & Park Ave., Palmer Twsp., Easton, 40-Free, TODD SOLT Phone:610-703-0790
Jun 1-2 - The Indiana Mall, Route 286 West, Indiana, 10-Free, Scott Neuroh Phone:724-840-3696
Jun 1-2 - Wyoming Valley Mall, I-81 Exit 168, Wilkes-Barre, 40-Free, Brett A. Reed Phone:570-682-9689
Jun 7-9 - The Mall At Steamtown, I-81 Exit 185, Scranton, 20-Free, Brett A. Reed Phone:570-682-9689
Jun 14-16 - Neshaminy Mall, 707 Neshaminy Mall Rd, Bensalem, 50-Free, Mike Phone:215-396-8016
Jun 14-16 - South Mall, 3300 Lehigh Street, Allentown, 30-Free, Todd Solt Phone:610-703-0790
Jun 16 - Sports Card & Collectibles Show At The Woodlands, 1073 Hwy 315, Wilkes-Barre, 30-Free, Bob Ferri Phone:570-709-1372
Jun 28-30 - Plymouth Meeting Mall, 500 W Germontown Ave, Plymouth Meeting, 40-Free, Mike Phone:215-396-8016
Jun 28-30 - Westgate Mall, 2285 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, 30-Free, Todd Solt Phone:610-703-0790

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Paging [MENTION=3252]mstng99tim[/MENTION] . He should be able to point you in the right direction.

I've been to some over the years, but I forget who is in which mall/complex. I live about 2 hours South of Pittsburgh.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Dave & Brian's in Tarentum is probably the best remaining card shop in the area.

Your best bet is definitely waiting for the Robert Morris show. It attracts dealers nationally, though the show tends to be a little vintage heavy for my taste. You'll find a nice mix of affordable vintage, newer singles, boxes, and one or two dealers who have supplies below for below srp. I'm usually there all three days, and even then I'm rarely able to get through all the tables I want to look at, if that gives you some idea as to the size of the show. It's by far the biggest and best show in the area each year.

What part of the city are you in?

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Dave & Brian's in Tarentum is probably the best remaining card shop in the area.

Your best bet is definitely waiting for the Robert Morris show. It attracts dealers nationally, though the show tends to be a little vintage heavy for my taste. You'll find a nice mix of affordable vintage, newer singles, boxes, and one or two dealers who have supplies below for below srp. I'm usually there all three days, and even then I'm rarely able to get through all the tables I want to look at, if that gives you some idea as to the size of the show. It's by far the biggest and best show in the area each year.

What part of the city are you in?

Thanks for the advice, when I looked online for card shops that one doesn't even pop up.

I live in shadyside for at least another year then we'll see. I'm a resident at UPMC so I'll probably stay somewhere close in the city.

I'm getting excited about the Robert Morris show, that's gonna be a busy weekend. I'm already going to the pirates game that saturday with my residency program.

Dan

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
There are about 9 card shops within a 30 minute drive from where you live.

Sportscards Etc. has 2 shops, one in McKees Rocks (about 5 minutes from Mall at Robinson) and one in McMurray (this is probably the farthest drive for you). An absolute crap ton of products and supplies, but I find them to be on the high side. I generally only go there for supplies because they have everything you could need.

Sportscard Junction is about 5 minutes past Ross Park Mall. They have good prices and a decent amount of products and supplies.

Greentree Sports Cards is in Green Tree. I've only been there once, about 2 years ago, and I was in there for about 5-10 minutes and then left. Not much product at all.

Sports World Specialties is downtown, on Smithfield St, towards Liberty Ave. Decent amount of product, a lot of vintage and collectible items.

Collectors Den is Brentwood/Carrick area but has weird hours. I would get their phone number and call them before making a trip there. I've never been there, but from the outside it looks like they have a ton of stuff.

1st & Goal Collectibles is in Century III Mall and they have a nice selection of product and a nice amount of singles.

TNT Sports Cards is in Monroeville, the have a small amount of new product and a nice amount of singles.

Dave & Brian's in Pittsburgh Mills, but I've only been there once and found it was more of a comic book/toy store than a card shop.

I think that's all of them within a 30 minute drive. Let me know if you have any questions.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
It seems someone asks about Pittsburgh card shows quarterly interestingly enough.

I'm too lazy to look it up in the search to prove it though!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
May I suggest giving a like to this group (if you're on facebook)? They do a great job of posting autograph appearances around Pittsburgh, if you're interested in that sort of thing as well.

https://www.facebook.com/pittsburghautographs

It seems someone asks about Pittsburgh card shows quarterly interestingly enough.

I'm too lazy to look it up in the search to prove it though!

I think there are more Pennsylvanians on card message boards than any other state, so I believe it.

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
There's also Baseball Card Castle in Cranberry located a few miles north of the turnpike on Rt 19. It's a nice shop, lots of supplies, wax, singles, etc... Owner is a nice guy and his prices are reasonable.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I appreciate all of the info and feedback about the card shops.

This is the type of info that you don't get when just doing a google search.

Thanks again,

Dan

Members online

Latest posts