Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any early hunches on how many of each 2015 Ginter Buyback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
They did buybacks of the damn pack filler cards, like the Code info cards and those stupid murder mysery clue cards from a few years back. That fact makes my estimate somewhere between not enough and way too many.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I've seen three 2012 Gwynns... I saw 5 2012 Griffeys... there may be some 1/1's out there, but even at the most there may be at most, what, 10 of a certain card?
Memories of these:
anns1.jpg
anns.jpg

Player collectors are not going to want to wait on these, huh?

Last edited:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
What I'm seeing is that anything 10 copies or less is being stamped or hand serialized, so I think there must be more of everything else.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
What I'm seeing is that anything 10 copies or less is being stamped or hand serialized, so I think there must be more of everything else.

I'm not sure I'm 100% with that. I think there could be various amounts of each BuyBack which could of been hard to number. Meaning there could be one of some , 20 of another etc. Just my thoughts

Ryan

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I'm not sure I'm 100% with that. I think there could be various amounts of each BuyBack which could of been hard to number. Meaning there could be one of some , 20 of another etc. Just my thoughts

Ryan

I also believe there are various numbers of buy backs for different cards just like with most Toops buy backs. They don't send someone out and say hey buy ten of each card, they just buy and whatever they get then that is it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The Matt Laporta MUST be a negative 1/1 because it sold for $15....or only $5 less than Frank Thomas

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The Matt Laporta MUST be a negative 1/1 because it sold for $15....or only $5 less than Frank Thomas

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I picked up a Brandon Wood, listed at 15 but I offered 5 and it was accepted n 2 minutes, I should have went with $3

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
It's possible, maybe likely, that cards with less than 10 copies weren't all serialized, I just have a hard time believing these are actual buy backs and not extra stock that was sitting in some known quantity in the "vault."

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
The sell sheet says only the autographed buybacks, the buyback autographs, and the 2015 stamped cards are numbered to 10.

Members online

Latest posts