Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any idea on these cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Outside of a Nomar, can't find any examples of these.

1998 pinnacle zenith JUMBO 5x7 Gold Impulse /100

The nomar sold for like $100 obo but is that realistic?

Any help is appreciated20211113_222804.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Not sure. I have 2, Edgar Martinez and Miguel Tejada... so I'd be very curious to hear what you get (if you sell) (y)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
$100 for the Nomar believable. Never seen an Alomar but would probably splurge for one.
There's a small chance I have that one too. I know I have a 3rd of someone and a high profile IF is sticking in my head but I know its not one of the money guys (Jeter Arod etc).

I will have to look.... on a side note, how does someone lose a 7"-5" jumbo card?! :unsure:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Intriguing!

There's a small chance I have that one too. I know I have a 3rd of someone and a high profile IF is sticking in my head but I know its not one of the money guys (Jeter Arod etc).

I will have to look.... on a side note, how does someone lose a 7"-5" jumbo card?! :unsure:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
For those who want to know, the mystery 3rd card was none other than Matt Williams, who was on pace to break the HR record in the strike shortened season.

Anyone know what these would be worth?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Not sure these days as 90's low numbered cards are up, but all over the board depending on hype. And these don't get much hype. Oversize cards always take a hit as some don't like to collect or store them.

Would love the Vlad for my PC of him, but not at near the Nomar price.

Grace 5x7 cost me $15 years and years ago.
98ZENITHDARETOTEARGOLD100.jpg 97ZENITHZGOLD.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Do these also have regular sized cards inside of them like the base cards did?

EDIT: I am thinking of those 5x7 cards that had cards inside of them. I just noticed these are Zenith, so assuming they are just regular cards with nothing inside.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

EDIT: I am thinking of those 5x7 cards that had cards inside of them. I just noticed these are Zenith, so assuming they are just regular cards with nothing inside.
Yeah you're thinking of the "Dare 2 Tear" cards. These aren't puffy enough to hold another card. . . only a small CIA computer chip designed to track your whole life. :unsure: Come to think of it, this would explain why someone is stealing my cornflakes and wetting my bed each night. :ROFLMAO:

5e209fdcb6d52d21a2488ab6?width=1200&format=jpeg.jpg

I'm pretty sure I don't have any of these. I have several other cards that are numbered to 100 though.. :cool:
Ah, I thought you might have cornered the market. . . I guess I could corner the market then, if enough paranoid people above all rip theirs the shreds! ;) On a serious note: when I do my big selloff in a 2-3 months I'll try to remember to ask if you want to buy mine. Its # 18/100

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

1998 Zenith was a 100-card set released by Pinnacle Brands in May, 1998. Dubbed the "Dare to Tear" set, each pack had three 5" X 7" jumbo-sized cards with one 2.5" X 3.5" standard-sized card embedded inside. In one of the stupidest gimmicks ever conceived, collectors were faced with the dilemma of having to choose to keep their jumbo 5" X 7" card intact, or tear open (and thus physically destroying) the jumbo card to see and obtain the standard-sized card. Ultimately, collectors by and large chose to perform "Cardboard Caesarians" by slicing the backs of the jumbo cards with a razor blade to remove the smaller card - when opening, it is recommended to slice along the edges to avoid damaging the card inside.

Each card featured an off-white, black, and team-colored border and gold-foil accents on the logo and nameplate.

The standard-sized insert was usually embedded in the middle/second jumbo-sized card in each pack.

12 packs per box, three 5" X 7" jumbo-sized cards with one 2.5" X 3.5" card embedded inside per pack (MSRP: $5.99)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
1998 Zenith was a 100-card set released by Pinnacle Brands in May, 1998. Dubbed the "Dare to Tear" set, each pack had three 5" X 7" jumbo-sized cards with one 2.5" X 3.5" standard-sized card embedded inside. In one of the stupidest gimmicks ever conceived, collectors were faced with the dilemma of having to choose to keep their jumbo 5" X 7" card intact, or tear open (and thus physically destroying) the jumbo card to see and obtain the standard-sized card. Ultimately, collectors by and large chose to perform "Cardboard Caesarians" by slicing the backs of the jumbo cards with a razor blade to remove the smaller card - when opening, it is recommended to slice along the edges to avoid damaging the card inside.

Each card featured an off-white, black, and team-colored border and gold-foil accents on the logo and nameplate.

The standard-sized insert was usually embedded in the middle/second jumbo-sized card in each pack.

12 packs per box, three 5" X 7" jumbo-sized cards with one 2.5" X 3.5" card embedded inside per pack (MSRP: $5.99)
Ahhh, so this was the Dare To Tear set after all... hmm, I was thinking of a Topps product that did something similar.

I guess none of mine look like they have anything inside as I've only seen the /100 ones and never seen a base. Interesting. :unsure:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I bought a bunch of packs of the card inside jumbos not that long ago. It was easier to tell from the back that a card was inside, but none of these pictured sure look like their is a baby inside them!

Sure enough, that is them. This is the thread that inspired me to buy them. I didn't get squat and kept a few of the better players/inserts unopened, but no gold and no inserts of significance.

Members online

Latest posts