Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any info about 1993 Kellogg's/Costacos posters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I stumbled across these and noticed some inexpensive cool looking posters for Ken Griffey Jr, Nolan Ryan, and Reggie Jackson. Also there appears to be a card version that could be cut from boxes. I can't find any info on these or how they were distributed and wonder if there any other players in the set. I'm also curios about Cosatcos designed baseball cards (not posters) in general, if any exist. I know there are some Costacos football designs from early 90s Skybox brands.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Should there be a picture attached?

I vividly remember buying an unlicensed “card” of the Bash Brothers poster at a card show as a kid and with the number of unlicensed cards that were cranked out I’d be shocked if other posters didn’t end up on cards in that manner

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I stumbled across these and noticed some inexpensive cool looking posters for Ken Griffey Jr, Nolan Ryan, and Reggie Jackson. Also there appears to be a card version that could be cut from boxes. I can't find any info on these or how they were distributed and wonder if there any other players in the set. I'm also curios about Cosatcos designed baseball cards (not posters) in general, if any exist. I know there are some Costacos football designs from early 90s Skybox brands.

They were in cereal boxes, for some reason I am thinking Frosted Flakes.

Costaco Brothers had little 4x6 samples for each of their posters and they had a blank back. They were popular so they put out a postcard set in the early nineties as well. The fronts were the same but the backs looked like a typical postcard.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I pulled the scans from the internet, but I do have the ryan and Jackson. I don't think I have Griffey or a box. I have a fairly good size cereal box collection though!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Around the same time, there were Penny Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Shawn Kemp and Patrick Ewing posters for basketball, I think that was it.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I miss getting things inside or on food products. They sometimes do it, but it is rare these days.

-2541483013971735531.jpgs-l300.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Pretty sure mine were plucked from the cereal boxes, but can't recall for certain. I do remember getting a handful of Kellogg's cards back in the day.

Members online

Latest posts