Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone feel like gambling on this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I sent the seller a question asking if the card in the auction is the card I will receive. No response which is a big shocker. The card listed is a refractor.

zero feedback seller + immediate payment required + phillipines seller =no thank you for me.

He's had 46 views and nobody has hit the BIN yet. I wonder why?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130708912398?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I know some people will say file an item not received as described but I can do without the headache. If it is a refractor, the card is at least a couple grand.

Edit to add: The seller joined ebay today.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Card looks real. Question is if the seller even has it. I doubt it, but this is a way better gamble than any wax ripping! That, and you still have a great chance at getting your money back if it doesn't show!

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Is it sufficient to file a not as described claim based on the picture not matching the card in the title?

I knew someone here would bite. Speak up if you bought it as I would like to see if you'll get what is pictured. I would have hit it if it was a US seller. Not sure what it costs to send it back to the phillipines, plus don't you have to send anything over $200 with signature confirmation?

Mansgame-when I posted it earlier, it had about 40 views. I saw it this morning when it had about 10 views and still had too many red flags for me. If it is a refractor, they sell for $2500+

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I dont think any "educated" member here will admit to it since it's got all the markings of a scam

And even if this transaction goes flawlessly, it is the exception, not the rule.

Jon30b

Feb 17, 2012
$220 is a good buy for the regular chrome. Sounds to me like the buyer is on a freeroll

Apr 13, 2010
I dont think any "educated" member here will admit to it since it's got all the markings of a scam

And even if this transaction goes flawlessly, it is the exception, not the rule.
Scam? Possibly. But then wouldn't the seller list it as a refractor with a low BIN (of course that might be too obvious)?

$220 is a good buy for the regular chrome. Sounds to me like the buyer is on a freeroll
Which is exactly why I bought it. I will keep y'all posted on the outcome.

I figure that there are three possible outcomes.

1. I don't receive any card. eBay Buyer Protection has me covered.

2. I receive a regular chrome Kobe RC. Not a bad price, and I might consider filing a dispute because I didn't receive the pictured item.

3. I get a chrome refractor RC.

I think the real question is what the heck is a basketball thread doing in the baseball forum?

Scam? Possibly. But then wouldn't the seller list it as a refractor with a low BIN (of course that might be too obvious)?

2. I receive a regular chrome Kobe RC. Not a bad price, and I might consider filing a dispute because I didn't receive the pictured item.

I think the real question is what the heck is a basketball thread doing in the baseball forum?

Here's three reasons why I passed on it (besides the reasons I mentioned in the original thread).

1. You don't receive the card pictured, and instead receive an off centered regular chrome card. You have to send card back. You're out the postage to mail it back to the Phillipines.
2. You don't receive anything and have to get ebay involved and wait for them to decide in your favor after the seller doesn't respond to the claim.
3. I did not like the immediate payment and the fact that he didn't put refractor anywhere in the title. Most Phillipine sellers know basketball and what they have.

Ultimately, you're pretty much safe as far as the transaction goes but it's still not a headache I wanted to have to deal with for the gamble. Obviously, I wasn't the only one thinking this as there were close to 50 views on it before I posted it here. I wouldn't have posted it here if I was going to take a gamble on it as well. I'm wondering how many people here have emailed the seller to offer to pay more for it already?

Last edited:

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

I really hope you get the card man!

I just envision it being more hassle than anything but no risk no reward!
Definitely keep us posted!

Well, I guess I along with everyone else who passed on the auction was right.

Hello daveqsc1,

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from mannymyr through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time -- this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at [email protected] for review.

Hopefully they have already refunded your money.

Members online

Latest posts