Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone Have Any Info On This Moustakas Error Card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C-Note92

Aug 7, 2008
Was rummaging through some of my stuff and stumbled upon this:

scan0001.jpg

Moustakas No Name Error Card

I remember when Bowman Draft first came out there were a few of these that popped up and sold in the $20+ range and I decided to hold onto it, I've searched completed auctions and Googled for info on the card but nothing came up, was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

Any help is appreciated.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Probably not... looks like it just missed the foil stamping process. If he makes it big you might get a premium for it otherwise it's just a novelty printing error.

C-Note92

Aug 7, 2008
I figured it was something like that, I think I'll hold onto it now and see if I can sell it for a nice price when he hits the bigs. Thanks for the info.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
theplasticman said:
Probably not... looks like it just missed the foil stamping process. If he makes it big you might get a premium for it otherwise it's just a novelty printing error.

The names weren't in foil though. Still is just a printing error.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I would test the waters now with a bin that you would be happy receiving (nothing too over the top but make it a high enough price where it will get noticed...ex. $75-$100 w/BO). I say now because it seems he is hotter than usual after making the #1 spot for the Royals & with ST inching ever so close! You'd be surprised what someone is willing to pay! I've sold several error's of this kind (not this exact example) & have made a pretty penny off of investor's whom hope to be buying "the next A.Gordon" error before the masse's have caught on. Make sure to sound confident in your description, don't make it sound like you've got "just another printing error" because many collector's & investor's have never seen this & it may be something unique in thier eye's (and you don't want to discourage them by talking down your item when the truth is, none of us know it's actual significance or if it will have any in the future)! Just my opinion but I think you could make a nice little sell with a card like that (of a player whom seems to be piping hot)!!! :D

C-Note92

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe, I'll throw it up when his stuff gets hot during Spring Training, just to test the waters on it.

Members online

Latest posts