Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone Here Play College Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
securedsports said:
If your a pitcher, I would advise against heavy lifting. I would concentrate on your core and leg muscles. I was a 3B, but do know what works. Good Luck.
Squats, Deadlifts and Pullups.

C-Note92

Aug 7, 2008
securedsports said:
If your a pitcher, I would advise against heavy lifting. I would concentrate on your core and leg muscles. I was a 3B, but do know what works. Good Luck.

Yeah we have set lifts from our conditioning coach, during the offseason we had lift Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then conditioning on Tuesdays and Sundays, now that were in season we only lift twice a week whenever you can and then we have practice almost every day we don't have games, we leave for Florida on Friday so I'm pretty excited about that.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
C-Note92 said:
elmalo said:
[quote="C-Note92":1crlj3du]Just thought I'd give everyone an update, even though most of you probably don't care, lol. Everythings been going pretty well so far, it's definitely a huge committment, We've been practicing every day, today was supposed to be my only day off this week, but instead we had a captain's practice. I've pitched 1 inning in an intersquad so far and I K'ed two kids and the coach told me that I'll probably be jumping right in and getting some innings. Definitely more running than I thought there would be, that's for sure. I'm excited for this weekend though, our first fall game is in Lowell on Saturday at the Lowell Spinner's stadium then we have a doubleheader on Sunday here at our home field. If anyone cares I will keep updating.
If you are a college pitcher, get used to the running. That is all our pitchers did during practice.

Haha yeah I'm used to it by now, and Southern's really good this year, they were one of the teams that beat us.[/quote:1crlj3du]
Yeah, I might have to check out a game this year.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
C-Note92 said:
securedsports said:

Yeah we have set lifts from our conditioning coach, during the offseason we had lift Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then conditioning on Tuesdays and Sundays, now that were in season we only lift twice a week whenever you can and then we have practice almost every day we don't have games, we leave for Florida on Friday so I'm pretty excited about that.
I agree, legs are the most important thing for every position.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
I pitched for a good DII team.
The most important thing I developed was balance. 5 pound weights strapped to my ankle on my lift leg and hold pose. Works your legs and develops stronger balance.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
vwnut13 said:
C-Note92 said:
vwnut13 said:
[quote="C-Note92":1c49i179]I'm starting my first year at Merrimack College in the fall, it's a DII school in Massachusetts and I will be pitching, just thought it'd be interesting if anyone else on here played in college. I would also like to know what to expect, I've been trying to lift during the summer and running to get ready but my legion schedule is rough with double headers or practices almost every day. Also if anyone has any good time management strategies that would be very helpful as well.

You gonna look into the NECBL for Summer playing?

If I can get onto an NECBL team I definitely will, it all depends on how the spring season goes though

Try out for the Vermont Mountaineers.

We make cards for the team.

dunn-1.jpg

Vermont, Keene, and Sanford all get real good crowds. 3,000+ at times.

Some teams, like Lowell and Bristol, get 50+.[/quote:1c49i179]
holy shat henry dunn he went to my high school his sister is on the us womens soccer team at 19 years old, crystal.

Members online

Latest posts