Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone know anything about this 1986 Mattingly set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Is it Renata Galasso?

I think it is. She was dealer in the 80s and printed a few of her own sets, not unlike someone else we know. I know she did a Pete Rose set as well.

Renata Galasso - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
No, it's not Galasso. The set came in a "kit", along with a Mattingly record album (78 or 45, I forget), a card album with pages & a ew other Donny Baseball items. The unlicensed set was also kinda cool. The company made a similar kit of Mickey Mantle and maybe others.

Like ALL unlicensed cards, they have very little value down the road (in this case, now).

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
No, it's not Galasso. The set came in a "kit", along with a Mattingly record album (78 or 45, I forget), a card album with pages & a ew other Donny Baseball items.
Sorry, but you're wrong. Jeff was right, the set was made by Galasso.
The "RGI" on the back stands for Renata Galasso International.
I have the set (not bought in a kit - that was another Mattingly set).
I also have several baseball card magazines from the mid-late '80s advertising the Renata Galasso set.
Also, if you Google: Don Mattingly Renata Galasso The Hit Man set, several pages come up from dealers and people describing the set.
The set is even listed and priced in the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards.

Last edited:

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Sorry, but you're wrong. Jeff was right, the set was made by Galasso.
The "RGI" on the back stands for Renata Galasso International.
I have the set (not bought in a kit - that was another Mattingly set).
I also have several baseball card magazines from the mid-late '80s advertising the Renata Galasso set.
Also, if you Google: Don Mattingly Renata Galasso The Hit Man set, several pages come up from dealers and people describing the set.
The set is even listed and priced in the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards.
My bad, and my apologies. I got my sets mixed up.

Latest posts