Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone know GMA Grading?! Legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Last edited:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
No not as reliable at all. I am not saying the autograph is fake since I haze no idea how his autograph looks. But as for the slab its worthless, and I am pretty sure I have seen trimmed cards in those slabs in the past .

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
no its not, i bought a hank aaron willie mays cosigners dual autograph from a guy that was graded by gma...the "card" was printed on a piece of paper with a topps sticker from a different card placed on the back, luckily i got my money back

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Well the auto could be legit but this slab almost makes me not want it lol and I'm glad to hear the slab is worthless bc that was my guess...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
no its not, i bought a hank aaron willie mays cosigners dual autograph from a guy that was graded by gma...the "card" was printed on a piece of paper with a topps sticker from a different card placed on the back, luckily i got my money back
OMG... Well this could be a scam. Joey Belle autos are really rare and to find on this card and to be graded a 10 is crazy lol... Wish it were PSA or Beckett

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Cool! So what's the deal with these other companies?! It's almost like a scam or something.

sometimes it's a dude in his basement with a slabbing machine.

Complete with his mom bringing him cheetos and peanut butter sammaches.

Other times it's a former employee of the other companies who thinks he can do things so much better.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've been to shows where people will have obviously homemade slabs for sale. If the no-name companies aren't a dead giveaway, then the handwritten slips usually do the job.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
It does have a JSA sticker on the back. Are these stickers easy to fake? Is it the card or the auto that is so rare or both? If its the auto get a PSA/DNA quick opinion maybe? If the card doesnt matter just crack it and who cares if it is trimmed.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It does have a JSA sticker on the back. Are these stickers easy to fake? Is it the card or the auto that is so rare or both? If its the auto get a PSA/DNA quick opinion maybe? If the card doesnt matter just crack it and who cares if it is trimmed.

This card is pretty rare but finding a Joey Belle auto is tough and pretty odd if I don't say. Belle didn't sign Joey ever. As most of you know, he didn't like it and I'm always confused when I see a Joey Belle auto. This one is REALLY clean and then it's on this rare pre-rookie card. Then to have it graded gem mint 10 but by some joke of a compnay, the whole thing has me twisted.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
sometimes it's a dude in his basement with a slabbing machine.

Complete with his mom bringing him cheetos and peanut butter sammaches.

Other times it's a former employee of the other companies who thinks he can do things so much better.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
This card is pretty rare but finding a Joey Belle auto is tough and pretty odd if I don't say. Belle didn't sign Joey ever. As most of you know, he didn't like it and I'm always confused when I see a Joey Belle auto. This one is REALLY clean and then it's on this rare pre-rookie card. Then to have it graded gem mint 10 but by some joke of a compnay, the whole thing has me twisted.
Yet I have to agree with 383astro. The JSA sticker on the back looks legit. If I wanted the card/auto, I would buy it and break it out of that garbage holder.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yet I have to agree with 383astro. The JSA sticker on the back looks legit. If I wanted the card/auto, I would buy it and break it out of that garbage holder.

I have zero slabbed cards in my collection, so have no clue how hard that would be. Is it? If I were to chase this card that is what I would plan to do and maybe get it graded elsewhere?

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I have zero slabbed cards in my collection, so have no clue how hard that would be. Is it? If I were to chase this card that is what I would plan to do and maybe get it graded elsewhere?

I have never held a GMA slab, but I don't imagine they are too strong. I have broken a few other slabs. You can search for sites that show you good ways to do so. I believe I just took a pair of pliers and crunched down one of the top corners, then pulled it apart.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have never held a GMA slab, but I don't imagine they are too strong. I have broken a few other slabs. You can search for sites that show you good ways to do so. I believe I just took a pair of pliers and crunched down one of the top corners, then pulled it apart.

Okay cool, thanks. (By the way, that signed pic in your sig is SWEET!)

Members online

Latest posts