Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone see delivery confirmation is not free on paypal anymore?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
Delivery confirmation is now 20 cents on paypal shipping. When did this change?

Its just incredible that companies just continue taking advantage of the element. I know its still cheaper than going to the post office, but why the increase? Anyone know this was coming?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Is it an optional service, or are you required to use DC and forced to spend the extra $.20?

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
Good question, but I don't send anything without dc. It was just nice that it was included in the old fee of $1.64 to ship a 1-3 oz. package.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
When the USPS increased their rates Paypal just split off the DC, it is now $1.69 for up to 3 oz and it used to be $1.64. Nothing has changed except the .06 cent increase.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I just shipped a 2oz package yesterday for $1.69 and there is tracking on it

Yeah but delivery confirmation is extra...would be nice if tracking to an address was good enough to avoid scammers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Still alot better to send for less than 2 bucks. A recent trade cost me about $3 bucks to ship by taking it to the post office counter.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I sent a package today and it is only 5 cent increase. I did notice that they now break down your fees as $1.49 for shipping and $.20 for DC. They used to charge $1.64 for shipping and say that they gave the DC for free. They just changed the way the break down the price

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Yeah but delivery confirmation is extra...would be nice if tracking to an address was good enough to avoid scammers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

But it's not extra, if you go to the PO it will cost you $1.90 or so to ship the same package.

jess0304

Oct 10, 2012
o really? I didn't notice they were just breaking down the charges. I sent a 5 oz package, and just noticed the 20 cent increase. Thanks keyser

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
From my understanding the Delivery Confirmation is free and will show when it was delivered with no extra charge, but if you want Tracking (showing when and where your package is during travel) is the extra 20 cent charge. Pretty sure that is why they changed the term Delivery Confirmation to USPS Tracking.

Members online

Latest posts