Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are any other eBay sellers here still experiencing slow mail delivery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I have a couple of packages that were last scanned on December 14th with no updates since then. Are any other sellers still experiencing delays with packages you're sending? It's after Christmas and the holidays in general with the exception of New Year's so you would think that the delivery would speed up a bit.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
Good to hear I'm not the only one. I've had to explain to buyers how slow the mail delivery is right now and hope that I'm not left with negative feedback. I should have waited until after the New Year to continue selling.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
100%! Luckily my buyers have all been patient. The oldest stuff I’ve shipped out and not delivered is from December 8th. That stuff actually just started moving again in the postal system.

I wouldn’t expect them to just all of a sudden be caught back up because it’s a few days after Christmas. It’ll take them a few weeks at best and maybe longer to get caught up just from the heavy Christmas season, but you still have the whole covid slowdown to factor in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I like your optimism but things aren't gonna get better for a few more weeks at best. 90% of the packages I've been delivering since Saturday are items shipped in the two weeks after Thanksgiving, at best some were mid-December. Hell, on Monday I had a few thousand Christmas cards to deliver, many postmarked the first week of December. I did have a few ebay items be delivered within a week of shipping, but that is very rare (both seemed to come from areas that didn't have to pass through the most backed-up hubs). There's no way I'll be listing anything on ebay now, or for the next few weeks at least.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I won a card on 12-14-2020 coming from Hong Kong got it on the 21st, I won a card on 12-8. the seller is 40 miles away and states it has been shipped. No tracking number! Still no card. He is blaming covid and the Holidays. RIGHT!!!!!!!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
this past week out going are slow to move for me ---most small Ebay ----. I have a local PO scans before i leave / another drop box 20 miles away will get delivered two days faster . I don't know route of drop box --rare i use it .

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I won a card on 12-14-2020 coming from Hong Kong got it on the 21st, I won a card on 12-8. the seller is 40 miles away and states it has been shipped. No tracking number! Still no card. He is blaming covid and the Holidays. RIGHT!!!!!!!

I believe it. A card I won on ebay took nearly two weeks to get to me, coming from less than 20 miles up the highway, that's how backed up things were in RI. And we're small! Stuff from overseas goes through fewer processing centers so it will make it out quicker (my wife ordered me a CD from the UK and it arrived in less than a week)...except Canada, which lost one of my packages recently yet again.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
You would think that USPS would hire more employees but of course they don't. My post office almost always has only 1 person working the counter no matter how backed up the line is. It's ridiculous.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
You would think that USPS would hire more employees but of course they don't. My post office almost always has only 1 person working the counter no matter how backed up the line is. It's ridiculous.

Most offices aren't even allowed to let the people who are already there work enough hours. A few years ago, as a sub, I was working 75-80 hour weeks during Christmas time, that's completely normal. I have a regular route now, and my sub was barely allowed to work 40 hours the week before Christmas, and other carriers have been called off the road in the middle of their routes in order to keep them from getting overtime. Not to mention, it's hard to hire people when the USPS isn't being funded. No secret as to why it's happening.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If anyone is buying at any quantity, they have to know what is going on. My record so far was 28 days for a card to come across the country. Most are taking 2+ weeks. I hope you don't end up with any rookie buyers or people who are just flat out unreasonable. I have actually had a couple sellers refund me early, only to have the cards arrive eventually and then I had to repay them. I don't mind the wait, as long as the item arrives eventually.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
If anyone is buying at any quantity, they have to know what is going on. My record so far was 28 days for a card to come across the country. Most are taking 2+ weeks. I hope you don't end up with any rookie buyers or people who are just flat out unreasonable. I have actually had a couple sellers refund me early, only to have the cards arrive eventually and then I had to repay them. I don't mind the wait, as long as the item arrives eventually.

As mentioned before, I have a couple of packages, one that I sold and one that I bought, that were last scanned on December 14th. One was last in Des Moines, Iowa and the one that I purchased was last scanned in Kentucky. I'm in Illinois so I have no idea what is going on but it's frustrating to say the least.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
As mentioned before, I have a couple of packages, one that I sold and one that I bought, that were last scanned on December 14th. One was last in Des Moines, Iowa and the one that I purchased was last scanned in Kentucky. I'm in Illinois so I have no idea what is going on but it's frustrating to say the least.

Everything that I've had coming from Illinois (to Arkansas) has taken over two weeks to get here, and most of that time is spent at different PO's in Illinois.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Thankfully the two packages I've had floating around since December 5th got delivered yesterday. They sat somewhere between Tahlequah (origin point) and Tulsa (distribution center an hour away) for 24 days before they started moving. Air hug your mail person if you see them. They're beyond over worked right now.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
USPS finally came through with the delivery I’ve been waiting on since the 11/30 shipment as mentioned above on 12/29. Glad to have this one in my personal collection.

1990 Fleer Human Dynamos with Bo Jackson Error - the card has the A.L. All-Stars Mattingly/McGwire back overlay printed on front and a blank back.

Image1609517094.086371.jpg
90.216b.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Sure, just because Christmas is over doesn't mean the post office is going to instantly speed up. Delivery is still being interfered with with limited hours for carriers as Bacon says, and all the sorting machines that were taken out of service over the summer didn't get miracled back online. I've got a card I just sold for a significant amount sitting in limbo. It took 36 hours just for it to be scanned into the system (knew I should have handed it over the counter), but since 12/29 it just says "Depart USPS facility." No idea where it is or how long it'll take. That card really should have been sent Fedex or something, but buyer just paid for USPS automatically.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Yeah, things are now getting a little weird. Yesterday, I received five ebay items, all from after Christmas, while an equal amount from early December are still floating around. This, I have no explanation for. It does depend where they're coming from, but I don't know if this is the backed-up hubs diverting new arrivals to other offices for processing, or they're just plowing through newer stuff to make more room for them to even access the backlog. I have a player in 2020 Prizm Draft that I'm working on the rainbow (22 of the 43 already in hand or on the way!), and that's pretty much all I'm buying right now, no big dollar items but the low #'ed ones that are in the ether are scaring me a bit.

Shipping via UPS or FedEx won't automatically help, since they're turning around and giving a lot of their parcels to the USPS. This is normal, but instead of the normal 200 or so packages a day from UPS, most offices are getting three or four times that. No other carriers are legally allowed to put items in mailboxes, so they're giving small stuff to the post office. I think the average UPS driver figures if they're gonna walk to someone's door, it'll be for something large, not a five ounce Amazon bubble mailer.

Members online

Latest posts