Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are There Any NAHL Fans Here? (North American Hockey League)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I was wondering if any of you have a local team or any interest in the NAHL. I figured with 24 teams all spread out, there has to be at least one of you who has and follows a local team.

We just got our team this year (formerly Alaska), so I never really knew much about the NAHL until this season. It was a great season, and the Johnstown Tomahawks just clinched a playoff berth a couple of days ago.

If any of you are from Jamestown, we're dropping gloves. I hate you guys. :razz:

2012-2013-Tomahawks-Highlights - YouTube

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Springfield Jr Blues here in Illinois.
My office was in the Nelson Center for the longest time. The owners are great guys and the quality of hockey is pretty good.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Springfield Jr Blues here in Illinois.
My office was in the Nelson Center for the longest time. The owners are great guys and the quality of hockey is pretty good.

Glad to finally run into someone else with a team. I know we've played Springfield a few times.

I was surprised at just how good the hockey is. When I heard junior hockey was moving into town to replace mid level pro team, I kind of curled my nose. I've been pleasantly surprised and hooked since the first game.

Just out of curiosity, what is the NAHL?

I like to keep different hockey leagues on my radar if I ever travel, or if they ever expand.

It's the North American Hockey League, Tier II Junior level. I believe it's the largest junior league in the US and has 24 teams. The players are 18-20 years old, and many are playing for the chance to make it into a collegiate program. The league has been around for decades in a smaller capacity, but has only really been national since 2003.

Some of the notable alumni are Patrick Kane, Tim Thomas, Ryan Kesler, and Phil Kessel. There's a full list of NAHL alumni in the NHL - NAHL Alumni in the National Hockey League (NHL) | North American Hockey League | NAHL.