Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are we in a bubble....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Or do you all thing the card world has got alot of the older collectors back and gained quite a few more so that this price bump can sustain itself for years to come?

What do you all think? I know there will be ups and downs, but do you feel this is a bubble that will burst and prices will tumble back down to wh as t they were before? I don't think it will all go back to the lower prices, but it will correct itself and have a higher base line.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
All I know is if prices continue as they have for the next couple of years, I'm done with basketball. I'm not buying marked up blasters of low end brands like Hoops or Donruss for $50. Nor am I going to wait in line for hours just to find some at retail price. And I'm already priced out of hobby. As far as singles go, the prices seem as volatile as ever. How are RCs of stars like Luka, Giannis and Kawhi doing compared to a couple months ago? Even retired guys like Shaq have seen a boom for no real reason. His Beam Team RC in particular was selling for around $50 for the past 15 years and has now exploded. Wasn't Kobe's Topps RC like $10 a couple of years ago?

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
prices will fall again -- i have a minor league baseball team local ---i'll collect them and a few other players. Too many sets in baseball AGAIN ---- .. Just where are all the basketball boxes of WalMart going ??? several bought all 30 one store got in ---I don't see any sold local . Even LCS more into GAMES etc. = no common boxes and people always calling to TRADE older bulk . MY inventory is near ONE MILLION all sports ---most are the junk years

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Im retired so.... the prices for wax is way to much for me. i mean way to much. the prices for todays rookie cards will dive like in the past. to many gimicks and money grabs.. it will go poof! its not gold, its cardboard.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I sure hope we are in a bubble, and that somebody out there has a nice sharp pin to pop it with!

Seriously, yes, I do think we are in a bubble. I don't know how much prices will fall when the bubble pops, and of course that depends greatly on what kinds of cards we're talking about. But prices do seem overly inflated these days, and I just don't see it lasting forever. It has to come back to earth, and as someone who is 99% a buyer not a seller, well I look forward to it.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
After seeing how much people are paying for topshots YouTube clips yeah, bubble

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
If there is a crash it will be with the modern stuff. Ive seen some of the new cards and they look like absolute garbage. Iconic Vintage will always hold its value. This new stuff not so much.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
so now the spammers are down to inserting their bogus/malicious links within the content they're quoting ? we really need to find a way to block these clowns from ever being able to register

Members online

Latest posts