Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Astros vs Braves: Who You Got?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I'm taking the Astros in 7. Hoping for a great series. Our top three pitchers being out with injury hurts a lot and the Braves situational hitting skills are SCARY but I think we showed against Boston that our bullpen is capable to picking up the slack. While I will be personally disappointed if the Astros don't win, I also will not be upset for Atlanta if they get more hardware.

(And yes, I know, trashcans BANGBANG cheaters. You are very clever and I pre-award you your internet pwnage points.)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Being a Sox fan I will almost always root for the NL team of the Sox are out. I do hope the Braves win, I think they are a better balanced team and will find some advantages in their pitching.
I also like a lot of the braves players, Freeman needs a ring. I drafted Austin Riley his debut year in my keeper fantasy league, but cut him after a lackluster debut...foolish. the list goes on, they're a fun team to watch.
As far as the trash cans go, they just got caught, every team does some form of it, maybe they went next level, but I don't hold it against them at all. If you think the dodgers didn't have some "system" to do the same thing that year you are nuts.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
This match up to me is a toss up, more than any other in recent memory. I give Houston a slight advantage offensively but a lot of that is offset by Atlanta getting a defensive edge and SP edge. I see this one going the distance with a lot of hard fought games. If I had to pick who I wanted to see win, I'll go with Atlanta, though it would be sweeter with a healthy Acuna able to play. If Houston wins, I'm fine with that too as I like a lot of their players. I'll be tuning in for each game and rooting for a great series.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm picking Astros both because I'm a fan and I think they're going to win. Didn't watch much of the NL series, and the Braves' pitching looks real good and I think good pitching beats good hitting, especially where there's a big unfamiliarity factor. But that's kind of even, especially as it looked like the Astros pitchers were really able to figure out and execute good plans against the Red Sox and I expect them to do that against the Braves. But Astros offense is just so strong big damage can come anywhere 1-7. Should be a good series either way, though.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
(And yes, I know, trashcans BANGBANG cheaters. You are very clever and I pre-award you your internet pwnage points.)
Yes, good timing.. lets get hyped for another Astros WS....

BANG! BANG! Feuer Frei!! :love:

As for my pick, I see this one going down to game 7. My top secret MVP selection will ride out of the bullpen on a white horse and shut down the rivals, cementing his HOF worthy career.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Go, Braves!!!
I hope Atlanta sweeps it in 4 games, winning it at home to punk MLB for childishly pulling their All-Star game. On second thought, I hope Atlanta wins in 5 so that they get all 3 home games! Yep, that's my desired outcome.
(Also, Atlanta hasn't won since 1995, so it's their time.)

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Marwin Gonzalez added to the Astros World Series roster. I wondered where he went. I always liked him.

I didn't even realize the Astros signed him to a minor league contract. Looks like the Red Sox designated him for assignment in August and then released him a week later.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I wonder if the injury to Morton changed your predictions. I'm late to the party, but I'm going Astros in 7. Want the Braves to win though.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Game 3 probable starters: Luis Garcia vs. Ian Anderson

Tied 1-1 in the series and have been enjoyable games to watch but I need some close end of the game nail-biters.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
A few observations from last night:

We finally got a nail-biter.

Anderson was fantastic.

Bregman has looked awful at the plate.

Albies is slapping at the ball and has been horrible with runners on base.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It has been a great series so far, even if the results aren't what I wanted. The Braves are a hell of team. That said, the Astros aren't out until you put them down.

Members online