Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA PROSPECT HOT SHEET - 4/16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Whoa! They used MM's Bowman Chrome Auto card! Cool!

Surprised a bit about Stanton's high ranking but LOVING it! :)

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Glad I was able to pick up a '08 EEE auto of Montgomery about two weeks ago for $1.50 :D

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
A bit surprised Carlos isn't #1, but hard to fault Monty. I've had my lone Monty ref auto staring me in the face all week... I thought I had a few more, including a blue, but I think I just bid on a bunch of them this offseason and didn't win that many ::facepalm::

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Messier2 said:
Other than us, who else looks at BA's hotlist?? Fantasy managers...who else?

Three off the top of my head:

1) Other sportscard mesage boards.
2) General Managers.
3) Fans of prospects who subscribe to BA and have heard of baseball cards but don't collect them.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Jaypers said:
Messier2 said:
Other than us, who else looks at BA's hotlist?? Fantasy managers...who else?

Three off the top of my head:

1) Other sportscard mesage boards.
2) General Managers.
3) Fans of prospects who subscribe to BA and have heard of baseball cards but don't collect them.

I would think GM's have enough scouts/talent evaluators to not have to wait every Friday to see who BA says is the hottest prospects for the week. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I love the list and seeing the partnership between Topps and BA is really something to keep an eye on. I'd like too see BA help out and add their $.10 when it comes to Topps setting up their prospect product checklists. . .

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Nice top o' the cap for Gindl, but why not mention Lucroy in the same sentence?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
rico08 said:
I would think GM's have enough scouts/talent evaluators to not have to wait every Friday to see who BA says is the hottest prospects for the week. I could be wrong though.

Not a GM, but Andrew Friedman (VP of Operations for the Rays) wrote the Foreward to BA's Prospect Handbook last year, in which he raved about them and their coverage.

Latest posts