Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Babe Tulowitzki

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Adamsince1981 said:
xcantgobackx said:
AND......

He did it again.

22 homers in 39 games!

almost "Bonds like" :)

full season w/intentional walks and a tougher (home) ball park for big flys, then Id remover the "almost"

still very impressive....

Get HOT! (5 days ago he was hitting .192)

Hate Rockies, but like him :)

PS. never really look at his bio, BIG KID ...... 6-3 220 and from the Bay Area, very cool!

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
fkw said:
Adamsince1981 said:
xcantgobackx said:
AND......

He did it again.

22 homers in 39 games!

full season w/intentional walks and a tougher (home) ball park for big flys, then Id remover the "almost"

PS. never really look at his bio, BIG KID ...... 6-3 220 and from the Bay Area, very cool!

I wonder how much credibility he loses because he plays in Colorado (Holliday in 2007). Granted, I think he is very good; however, I have to admit that the Colorado aspect makes me a little hesitant to give him full credit for a monster year.

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Re: Troy Tulowitzki!!

Adamsince1981 said:
I have him in both my leagues...naturally.

Haha, thanked. Makes me pretty sad I don't live in Colorado anymore. At least I'll get to see the series in St. Louis in August and maybe a game or two in Denver this summer.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
bricewaynebisel said:
Full credit for a monster year? I'd hope so, with the last few games, his numbers are way higher on the road. He's also hit 3 balls out in Shea in the last two days.

You just said it yourself, a few games. Do you think the trend will continue into the season or do you think his numbers will be exponentially better at home? Look at Holliday's splits in 2007, they were pretty good either way but he didn't win the MVP award. My point is that the Colorado aspect will no doubt influence the way people react to his numbers.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
2010 Splits:
Home: .339 avg, .403 OBP, .631 slugging, 1.034 OPS - 15 HR's
Away: .291 ave, .358 OBP, .504 Slugging, .862 OPS - 12 HR's
* His September was UNREAL and he had 17 Home games compared to 11 Road games in September 2010

2011 Splits:
Home: .200 .333 .600 .933 - 2 HR
Away: .381 .517 .952 1.469 - 5 HR

dutchj16 said:
fkw said:
Adamsince1981 said:
xcantgobackx said:
AND......

He did it again.

22 homers in 39 games!

I wonder how much credibility he loses because he plays in Colorado (Holliday in 2007). Granted, I think he is very good; however, I have to admit that the Colorado aspect makes me a little hesitant to give him full credit for a monster year.

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
dutchj16 said:
bricewaynebisel said:
Full credit for a monster year? I'd hope so, with the last few games, his numbers are way higher on the road. He's also hit 3 balls out in Shea in the last two days.

You just said it yourself, a few games. Do you think the trend will continue into the season or do you think his numbers will be exponentially better at home? Look at Holliday's splits in 2007, they were pretty good either way but he didn't win the MVP award. My point is that the Colorado aspect will no doubt influence the way people react to his numbers.

If he stays healthy, yes I do believe that his splits will not be drastic like others in the past. Plus, I think Tulo has an advantage over someone like Holliday putting up numbers like his in Coors, as voters will also consider the defensive ability of Tulo (albeit slightly) in any MVP consideration.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
Adam: Look at Holliday's splits in 2007, very similar to Tulo's in 2010. For 2011, that is way too small of a sample size to make a conclusive argument one way or another.

bricewaynebisel: I hope so! I really like Tulo and if he stays healthy, he could put up amazing numbers. However the truth is some people will say 'Hey that's the Colorado effect' and partially ignore his accomplishments.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Funny to me how quickly people are to discount a Rockie's offensive feat because of the Coors Field effect, yet wouldn't bat an eye at the same player putting up the same numbers in a Yankees or White Sox uniform, despite the fact that those ballparks are incredibly hitter friendly.

EDIT -- I should really have contained my argument to homers, not overall offensive production. Coors Fields real discernable benefit to an offensive player is more on the lines of average and RBI, not homers.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
anyone can see that he has real power. he often hits it to right-center at Coors. the two he just hit at Shea were pulled, but this isn't a guy who is barely hitting it out.

Topnotchsy said:
I have 55 Base Chrome's on thepit.com waiting for the day that people realize how good he is.

As long as he can stay healthy...

thats the only thing keeping him from being a 40 120 guy. He still has not played a full season.

As a fan, You can only hope to see what kind of numbers he can put up if he can just keep it together for 145-150 games.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
My McGwire TTM and my Tulo Superfractor are the only 2 cards in my safe:)

If ever hear my office window break, my Glock and I will be sprinting down the hall! :lol:

Big Mac McGwire said:
Topnotchsy said:
I have 55 Base Chrome's on thepit.com waiting for the day that people realize how good he is.

As long as he can stay healthy...

thats the only thing keeping him from being a 40 120 guy. He still has not played a full season.

As a fan, You can only hope to see what kind of numbers he can put up if he can just keep it together for 145-150 games.

Members online