Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Base Metal Jordan cards???? These are some really odd times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I sold one a couple of years ago for $50 and thought I got a good deal. Whoops. All basketball is stupid right now. Some people are willing to pay over $100 for a Lemelo Ball Hoops rookie. Or $400 for a box of Hoops. I'm out.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
bv on that one has been at 400 since around april...even the cheesier one from metal championship has been at 100 since the same time...want more ? like 97-98 topps kobe at 150...04-05 topps lebron at 150...or just this week 91-92 fleer jordan up to 30...this is not new ...its been going on better than a year now...

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
The reason the 97-98 metal base Jordans are selling for absurd amounts during these times is because the holy grail of all basketball cards is the Green Precious Metal Gems parallel of that card.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That does not make sense to me, but then again anything over $3 for that Jordan doesn't either!

BarryBonds762

Feb 9, 2021
That does not make sense to me, but then again anything over $3 for that Jordan doesn't either!
Its also one of the most Iconic sets from the 90's and also a very iconic card. Plus its MJ. I wish they were still 3.00 cuz I don't have any lol

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have to see if I have any. I never bought a lot of basketball to begin with and the Grant Hill RC time frame was my biggest time to buy packs. I was still buying when Kobe and Iverson were rookies and recall some stuff when Tim Duncan was a rookie. I think that all predated this issue though, so I may have still bought a few packs or a box. Like anything else epic, I probably missed the boat. Too many stories about this...Gretzky RC, Jordan Fleer RC, Bird/Johnson RC (This time I did buy, but broke up the panels)

Members online