Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Product of All Time (now with poll)

What's the Best Product of All Time?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Topps Set, running uninterrupted from 1952 through 2009 so far.

Without the Topps Set, none of the other sets listed would have been made.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'd go with 2001 Sweet Spot.

It had a unique product (at the time), a great list of autos (which weren't impossible to get) and I think really started the diversity in auto's and GU we see now. Although, as with every good idea, the card companies copied/over-printed/did-it-too-death, and now the newness of it seems to be lost. At the time, it was very revolutionairy. I remember seeing a couple of cases cracked and just being blown away.

Personally, I think Sweet Spot and Legendary Cuts shouldn't be made every year, and the excess of both hurts the product overall, more with each time they make it.

The 2001 Heritage was very special too, and I wouldn't argue with 1991 Stadium Club. It was over-produced but probably changed the hobby more than any other product, even '89 UD. I still like the design and may even have a re-surgence down the line, especially if people want high-grade copies.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I personally LOVE 2005 UD Reflections. That set was the perfect mix of stars, some rookies and some retired/HOF types. Plus, there were multiple hits, and you always got a dual auto (sure, it might have been Ian Snell and Merkin Valdez; but it might also have been Mike Schmidt and Ryan Howard). The patch sub-sets were super, as were the super swatches.

And to top it all off, it was pretty affordable.

I might have to get creative here and just say that 2005 was the best year for cards all together.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'd agree with this, especially since Topps almost always has the best card *back*. The back of the card is 50% of the entire card right? I love having the stats easily accessible.

ThoseBackPages said:
Topps Set, running uninterrupted from 1952 through 2009 so far.

Without the Topps Set, none of the other sets listed would have been made.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I agree with 2005 UD Reflections. it is such a beautiful looking set with great auto's and game used patches and swatches.

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Hey Kevbo.

I don't think I can pick one. Too many different types of sets. I've seen nods for 2005 Absolute Memorabilia, which is indeed beautiful, but 2005 was a great year for cards. Great designs and a great crop of Rookies.

But how could it be better than '33-'34 Goudey, '49 Leaf, '51 Bowman & '52 Topps or as someone mentioned T206 and Cracker Jack sets?

I'll have to say my favorite MODERN set is still 2005 Bowman Heritage. Every little detail is beautiful.

Members online