Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Better card in 1988? Bo or Jose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saucywombat

Feb 4, 2010
Folly Beach, SC
As someone mentioned earlier the book value in '88 on these two was all you needed to know.

Jose was crushing in the easy 100+ range.

Bo's real peak of crushing it was when his 1990 Score Black & White Baseball/Football Card was selling for $20.

THAT was the catalyst for for the baseball card meg explosion of 1990-1993.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
My friend & I were desperate for a canseco rc, but we were cheap kids & didn't want to spend $10 for it.

So we were at a show & my friend was out of cash, until he found a buck on the floor.

With it, he bought a pack & landed the canseco donruss rc.

I was irate & jelous & decided to just buy it from the cheapest dealer.

So I went up to him, took out my money & realized I was short about a buck & change. He still sold it to me & on the way home, my friend kept taunting me about it.

That ok though because I wound up selling it while my friend still has it.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
1986 Donruss RC was the card to have along with the 86 Donruss Highlights of Canseco and Mark McGwire. The '86 Fleer wasn't as sought after because he shared the card with Eric Plunk. Several of the retail chain sets from that year were highly sought after as well (Sluggers vs pitchers - Walgreens - Woolworth). I made a lot of money off of the '86 Donruss card. He held his value until about 1992ish and he plummeted from there.

Bo wasn't popular until he signed the Nike deal and made the football/baseball poster and the Bo Knows commercials. For about a year, Nike put all their advertisments into Bo Jackson and some forgot about Jordan. His 1987 Donruss Rated Rookie card was a hit if you could find one that was cut well and didn't have frayed edges or corners.

Fordman.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yes, Jose was bigger in baseball and in the hobby for a longer period of time. Being a dual-sport athlete, people thought of Bo differently and as others mentioned Bo's popularity waxed a few years after Jose's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts