Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big + Lil' Papi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
Wow Rob...way to go Big Papi looks pretty happy to be there too

He was a good host, only issue I had was he had too many handlers pushing him one way or another.

It was great meeting my all time favorite player, but at the same time makes me appreciate the interaction with players before they are mega stars in the Cape League.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
jay1065 said:
That card looks amazing with the autograph!

It had no gloss, and was designed to fit a trap on another version so I always thought that would be my #1 card to have signed if I ever met him. I almost had it slabbed before, but BGS wouldn't authenticate cause of patch. I know it's legit thanks to Rebel, and really the card has no tampering, and it's legit. I'd love down the road to talk it over with BGS, and get it slabbed sign. Definitely in the top 4 or 5 cards in my collection now. Off the top of my head I'd rate them Ortiz 1997 Century Sig, Buchholz Superfractor, AJ ******* Superfractor, Hunter Morris USA Patch 1/1, and this card.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
beefycheddar said:
jay1065 said:

It had no gloss, and was designed to fit a trap on another version so I always thought that would be my #1 card to have signed if I ever met him. I almost had it slabbed before, but BGS wouldn't authenticate cause of patch. I know it's legit thanks to Rebel, and really the card has no tampering, and it's legit. I'd love down the road to talk it over with BGS, and get it slabbed sign. Definitely in the top 4 or 5 cards in my collection now. Off the top of my head I'd rate them Ortiz 1997 Century Sig, Buchholz Superfractor, AJ ******* Superfractor, Hunter Morris USA Patch 1/1, and this card.

You got the ******* Topps Debut Red?

That wasn't on eBay was it?

Don't know how I missed it if it was.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
beefycheddar said:
jay1065 said:

You got the ******* Topps Debut Red?

That wasn't on eBay was it?

Don't know how I missed it if it was.

It was, I got it for about 60 I think.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
beefycheddar said:
It was, I got it for about 60 I think.

Huh. I wouldn't have gone that high, but I guess I should search more. :lol:

I limit myself at about $25 for a single card. There are a few cards of guys I knew from the Vermont Mountaineers that have gone for that, but not many.

Mainly Friedrich and *******.

Now when the Superfractor of one of my players pops up I might go to $40.

Lucky for me, it seems with the players I collect the expensive cards never pop up :lol:

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Was it packed for the event with Papi signing?

Not really, in fact when you went in they kept saying he would not be signing. They told me to put the pennant back in car since he would not be signing, but he made his way around the room at the end of it to say hi and shake hands, and a kid gave him a ball to sign. Once he signed that one, his handlers couldn't stop him he signed one for everyone. I ran out to my car and got the pennant and got it back in time to have him sign it.

Members online

Latest posts