Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

black friday box deals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i might wanna do a box or two just for fun, does anyone know what places are usually the best sites to order form in general then the best sites to order from on black friday??

thanks

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
Harrison,

Anywhere but blowout, in my opinion....I woke up at 6 a.m. last year just to sit in front of my computer till 11 a.m. finishing the day empty handed. The stuff literally sells out in seconds.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
hmmmm. might go with either 05 finest or 08 finest from dacardworld. its around 100 for each and maybe it will possibly go on sale during black friday.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
imac220 said:
Harrison,

Anywhere but blowout, in my opinion....I woke up at 6 a.m. last year just to sit in front of my computer till 11 a.m. finishing the day empty handed. The stuff literally sells out in seconds.

were the deals that good?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
miguelcabrera said:
George_Calfas said:
I will NEVER buy from D&A EVER again.......go to baseball card exchange if you want unsearched boxes.

care to expand?

would amazon be ok?

I posted it here a while back, bought Diamond Kings Update boxes that had been resealed. Hit packs were removed and replaced with packs from Diamond Kings. Live Break, recorded and all. D&A refused to acknowledge the situation saying they bought the boxes from someone else yada yada yada.

They might not be at fault but they do not do a good enough job checking their purchase sources.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
miguelcabrera said:
imac220 said:
Harrison,

were the deals that good?

There was some good ones and other mediocre, but like I said before, everything but Garbage Pail Kids cards sold out within seconds. And the stupid thing is, even if you "add to cart" before it is gone, you still are not guaranteed to get the box

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Is Blowout even having it this year? I know quite a few people were upset last year that the stuff they offered was mostly retail and hobby stuff they did offer wasnt much below the normal price.

Also they dont have anything under the News & Announcement section.... we are a little over a week away... You'd think they would have something about it by now.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
P_Manning 18 said:
Is Blowout even having it this year? I know quite a few people were upset last year that the stuff they offered was mostly retail and hobby stuff they did offer wasnt much below the normal price.

Also they dont have anything under the News & Announcement section.... we are a little over a week away... You'd think they would have something about it by now.

Hmmm ya...Your right. Last year they had announced the promotion close to 3 weeks before Black Friday.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:

I got an e-mail from them with last week's specials that they were having Black Friday specials.But most people I heard from said last year's specials sucked though.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'm hoping 2011 finest goes on mega special. Hardly any seems to have been busted and I really want to find the upton purple and diecut. Got outsniped on the only purple I've seen and my snipe didn't fire on the only die cut. :(

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
George_Calfas said:
I will NEVER buy from D&A EVER again.......go to baseball card exchange if you want unsearched boxes.

That's funny you say that, I've purchasd from D&A a couple of times, as well as a friend of mine. Each time we have gotten the bonus packs for spending X amount of dollars, we've received at least a jersey card. I wondered at the time if they were searched packs, or if we were just consistently lucky. Looks like I may have my answer.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Slette said:
George_Calfas said:

That's funny you say that, I've purchasd from D&A a couple of times, as well as a friend of mine. Each time we have gotten the bonus packs for spending X amount of dollars, we've received at least a jersey card. I wondered at the time if they were searched packs, or if we were just consistently lucky. Looks like I may have my answer.

D&A and most of these online mega retailers have hundreds, if not thousands of different sources. Some of them might be shady, some legit. I have purchased several loose packs from D&A and have always been happy.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Slette said:
George_Calfas said:

Really? You think they're searching packs and giving them as bonuses? Sounds like a stupid idea to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought searched/resealed boxes, however.

ronzo

Sep 8, 2008
Stroudsburg, PA
Liberate Baltimore said:
Slette said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1crxfufo]I will NEVER buy from D&A EVER again.......go to baseball card exchange if you want unsearched boxes.

D&A and most of these online mega retailers have hundreds, if not thousands of different sources. Some of them might be shady, some legit. I have purchased several loose packs from D&A and have always been happy.[/quote:1crxfufo]

That's great, but when and if they do sell a searched box, shouldn't they do their best to resolve the issue?

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
ronzo said:
Liberate Baltimore said:
Slette said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1cpg94qy]I will NEVER buy from D&A EVER again.......go to baseball card exchange if you want unsearched boxes.

D&A and most of these online mega retailers have hundreds, if not thousands of different sources. Some of them might be shady, some legit. I have purchased several loose packs from D&A and have always been happy.

That's great, but when and if they do sell a searched box, shouldn't they do their best to resolve the issue?[/quote:1cpg94qy]

They should.

Members online