Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Boom or Bust ? Prospect style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I did well with Wlad , bought in twice too... My first prospect, still have a bunch of stuff.. For what it's worth I read he is doing good in Japan..

Good to hear that, maybe someday he will blow up over there and can move his stuff.Has anyone on here ever sold cards to overseas buyers for failed prospects in the US?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Phil Nevin was another guy I bought a lot of. Panned out like Ugg boots ...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Not only did I pick the wrong players, I picked the wrong manufacturer as well.Anyone else willing to admit how much they lost on Razor crap?I know I wasn't the only one.As least they got Holliday out of dealing Wallace.

P1010457.JPG

The ones that stand out

Winners-
Brandon belt elite bought at 4-8 sold at 33

Zachary daeges bowman chrome- bought in cheap sold half my base for total cost of collection. Now he's a collection for free!

Joe kohansky sp prospect- sold right on time.

Joba chamberlain- bought after his initial fade and sold in the area for peak prices.

Wally Joyner, will Clark, Kevin seitzer, anything from 1987.. Just worked kids and adults wicked hard on this stuff. I was selling at school, shows, and to a comic store.

Losers-

Rick asadorian- seeing one of his cards brings on panic attacks.

Thomas diamond- I hate him.

Delmon young- I'm glad he's fat now.

Eric Campbell- I still have a box of his base chrome that I'm going to see if I can get stuck together and use as re cornerstone of my next home.

Ed prasch- whod a thought a pirates prospect would fail?

I don't do much prospect stuff now because I don't want to hurt myself.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I have a couple Balentien cards too I wish I would have dumped years ago, though don't have much into them.Really thought he was going to hit for power.Heh, I've never heard of someone buying cards of someone because they played well on Madden.Did any Florida WR ever produce much in the NFL?I remember several WR's there that went in the 1st round in the draft and did very little.

Percy Harvin's not too bad.

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
Still failing on Mark Trumbo...
Still winning huge with Mike Trout...
Still wondering how I did/will do with Billy Hamilton...
About to pull the trigger on Travis D' Arnaud. What do you guys think?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts