Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brandon Marshall to the Bears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
This better mean that the Bears have all but locked up Mario Williams.

I thought Vincent Jackson was a better fit, but at least they're trying to do something about that hideous receiver corps.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
I love this move, this has been a rumor for the past year...B. Marshall is a Monster and this will team him up again with not only Cutler, but also QB Coach Jeremy Bates (former OC of the Broncos). For 2 3rd rounders this was a coup for new GM Phil Emery...can't wait to see what else is going to happen.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
The only way this makes sense is if they are getting Manning.......

I'm not sure that's likely, so I'm just at a loss at the moment. Came home and clicked on the Dolphins site and of all the headlines I expected I might see this was not one of them. I'm pretty shocked.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Dear Peyton Manning,

F*** you, sign somewhere else.

Sincerely,
Dolphins Management

The only thing that would make sense now is if they cut him and pursue Reggie Wayne. Otherwise, who do they have at wide receiver? Davone Bess can't cut it as a #1 and Brian Hartline is white. Wayne seems to be the only WR on the market to fill the void Marshall leaves, unless they look at Mike Wallace (who I don't think is a good fit in Miami because he's too similar to Bess, though a better version).

Jul 23, 2011
SAN DIEGO, CA
rymflaherty said:

I'm not sure that's likely, so I'm just at a loss at the moment. Came home and clicked on the Dolphins site and of all the headlines I expected I might see this was not one of them. I'm pretty shocked.

umm this will make him going to miami now IMPOSSIBLE...how're they gonna give up his #1 target....right...and there's as much chance of manning going to miami as the same percentage of it snowing in miami the COLDEST day of the year!!

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Great move by the Bears! Finally getting a playmaker at WR. Now if they go out and sign Mario Williams and shore up there secondary next year looks pretty good

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
UODucksbestcollector said:
rymflaherty said:

umm this will make him going to miami now IMPOSSIBLE...how're they gonna give up his #1 target....right...and there's as much chance of manning going to miami as the same percentage of it snowing in miami the COLDEST day of the year!!

Disagree.
It has always been my contention that Marshall does not fit what Manning does. Manning's success has been built on trust, timing and precision. Marshall is the opposite. He is a great talent but he is not a great route runner.....he actually attempts to freelance quite a bit. He's even on record demanding to do that more (that's part of why he pines for Cutler, because he can do whatever he'd like). I can't tell you how man times I'd go back to the Dolphins games/film and how Marshall ran a half-ass route, or sometimes you wouldn't even be able to tell what route he was running (especially in the Red Zone).
Honestly envisioning Marshall with Manning - What I'd picture is Marshall, as usual, cutting a route a yard or two short, Manning throwing to whee he should be and the CB taking it for a pick 6.

On top of that, if you wanted to add Wayne to Marshall to make Manning happy, I think that;s the type of move that looks better on paper than the actuality. The two have similar skill sets and it really wouldn't have solved the problem of not having a speed guy to open up the Defense. Now the team could sign Wayne (If Manning wanted to go there) in place of Marshall and imo it;s an upgrade.

Of course that was just my opinion.......Thing is I think I happen to be right, because it has since been reported that Manning made it clear in his meeting with the Dolphins that he did not want to play with Marshall and that was not a positive.
So this allows them to now sign Wayne, maybe Clark.......and Like I said makes sense if that is the plan and Manning is coming.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Dear Peyton Manning,

F*** you, sign somewhere else.

Sincerely,
Dolphins Management

The only thing that would make sense now is if they cut him and pursue Reggie Wayne. Otherwise, who do they have at wide receiver? Davone Bess can't cut it as a #1 and Brian Hartline is white. Wayne seems to be the only WR on the market to fill the void Marshall leaves, unless they look at Mike Wallace (who I don't think is a good fit in Miami because he's too similar to Bess, though a better version).

Reggie Wayne re-signed with the Colts. Dolphins trade Marshall. The sweepstakes is down to 2 teams now.... Broncos and Cardinals.... and likely not going to sign with an NFC team.... Broncos win the sweepstakes.

Members online

Latest posts