Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves Acquire Rick Ankiel and Kyle Farnsworth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Braves get Ankiel & Farnsworth

Braves trade: P Jesse Chavez, OF Gregor Blanco and P Tim Collins
Kansas City trades: Ankiel & Farnsworth

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Braves get Ankiel & Farnsworth

Tim Collins gets traded once again.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008

Not that I care about the guys Atl. gave up, but I HATE Ankiel and Farnsworth, have for a long time. ::facepalm::

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

Skorris CCBC said:
Tim Collins gets traded once again.
I would have traded him for a Tom Collins
tom_collins.jpg

braden

Aug 7, 2008

Aw, crap. Collins is doomed with a franchise like KC.

cardinals0103

Oct 5, 2008
Kansas
Just looked up and read about Collins,
certainly an interesting player/prospect. Some ridiculous numbers for him this year as a relief pitcher.
Even more remarkable considering his physical attributes.
SHould be interesting to see him play if he makes it to KC in the near future. Reminds me of Daniel Ray Herrera of the Reds

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I miss Rick The Stick in St. Louis.

I know he had to go, but he'll always be a favorite of mine.

Dude has such an arm.

I'll never forget those throws in Colorado.

Not many times when you see the reactions from the opposing teams dugout after awesome throws from DEEEEEEP center to nail runners out at third.

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
I personally know collins having played on teams with him, against him, and even worked with him at a local batting cage. Great kid and an even greater story. Its a shame to see him move from out of New England (was with the New Hampshire Fishercats for a while prior to being sent to Mississippi). I wish him all the best. For those of you who haven't heard of him he has seriously progressed in the past few years. The amount of strikeouts he has for the number of innings pitched is astonishing for what people consider a "small guy". His velocity has increased decently the past few seasons as well. The Royals have placed him in AAA Omaha so perhaps he'll get a shot at the big leagues soon?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
VERY good move by Atlanta IMO. Except for the NY mistake, I've always thought Farnsworth was a little under-appreciated.

Not enough to stave off Philly, but certainly helps...

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
In a shocking move, the Braves announce they'll be using Ankiel out of the bullpen!

Actually, that was just a dream of mine. God, I wish he would step back on the mound. I love redemption stories.

scooter2374

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
I'm hoping Farnsworth gets shot to the moon in a rocket and stays there. The guy was more useless than a 1 legged cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond.

Members online