Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper Superfractor listed as 7 day auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I believe there was additional communication where I tired to get the deal done, but you expressed no interest selling under $10k....
Not a big deal. who knows, maybe Ill end up with the card someday afterall?... BG

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Mackdriver2099 said:
BG only offered $6750 for it and wouldnt make any other deals for it.That was the only offer he put on the table .Other people had made $8000 to $11000 offers for it which were not excepted.The reason why alot of people said they wouldnt offer higher is because at the time he didnt sign with the nationals and was afaid of him not signing.

I know I'll probably get drilled for this but one of my pet peaves is the misuse of the word excepted. It is not excepted it is accepted. I see it all the time on ebay descriptions and for some reason it bothers me.

Carry on.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Card Magnet said:
matfanofold said:
matchpenalty said:
Turned down 11 grand wow.

Agreed! How do you turn dowm $11,000 for that card?
I would agree, but maybe I would have a different view if it were my card. $11k seems like a spectacular price, especially given the damage to the card.

Card will still grade 9.5 most likley. Seen many cards much much worse on back than that in 9.5. Some all chipped around multiple edges and didn't effect grade.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Leaf said:
Mackdriver2099 said:
BG only offered $6750 for it and wouldnt make any other deals for it.That was the only offer he put on the table .Other people had made $8000 to $11000 offers for it which were not excepted.The reason why alot of people said they wouldnt offer higher is because at the time he didnt sign with the nationals and was afaid of him not signing.

I am certain I offered $8k... regardless, I was a buyer at $8-9k, but as you said, you were going for the gusto...

Dont blame ya for tryin... I always teach my kids my #1 rule for being successful in life... GO BIG OR GO HOME.

Good luck.. I still think Bryce is a stud and $6-8k is still possible someday...
What if he signs an excluisve with a company besides Topps (Panini, ITG, UD or someone else :D )?
That could really help your card.
BG

Any chance Harper signs ANY TYPE of deal with Leaf?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I don't get it. The card has a visible flaw, which is documented (thank you, seller). Yet, turning down $11k for it? Really? If you're that confident that it will grade high and sell for more, then send it to BGS and maybe they'll pull another Strasburg for you and make it a BGS 9.5.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
Leaf said:
Mackdriver2099 said:

I am certain I offered $8k... regardless, I was a buyer at $8-9k, but as you said, you were going for the gusto...

Dont blame ya for tryin... I always teach my kids my #1 rule for being successful in life... GO BIG OR GO HOME.

Good luck.. I still think Bryce is a stud and $6-8k is still possible someday...
What if he signs an excluisve with a company besides Topps (Panini, ITG, UD or someone else :D )?
That could really help your card.
BG

Any chance Harper signs ANY TYPE of deal with Leaf?

Who knows.... we are always looking at strategic opportunities.
I will do any deal that makes business sense. BG

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
It was a strange auction in that the high bidder bid five times and also had the initial bid:
$499
$870
$3400
$5027
$12,500 (or perhaps higher, this amount happened to be the reserve price)

The winning bidder was pushing the action doubling his bids instead of trying to keep it low. Also don't normally people who bid that high use sniping programs, particularly when prospecting cards (?).

mredsox89 said:
Junior Griffey said:
Um so this ended for $12,500? What?

Um, it appears it jumped from 5K to 12.5K, even though there was only one bidder over $5K. Am I missing something?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
uniquebaseballcards said:
It was a strange auction in that the high bidder bid five times and also had the initial bid:
$499
$870
$3400
$5027
$12,500 (or perhaps higher, this amount happened to be the reserve price)

The winning bidder was pushing the action doubling his bids instead of trying to keep it low. Also don't normally people who bid that high use sniping programs, particularly when prospecting cards (?).

mredsox89 said:
Junior Griffey said:
Um so this ended for $12,500? What?

Um, it appears it jumped from 5K to 12.5K, even though there was only one bidder over $5K. Am I missing something?
His last bid was 10 seconds before the auction ended..So it looks like he did snipe

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Maybe seller will chime in here. But he could be out partying after the sale. Considering last time it went at auction it sold for just a little over 5k and didn't meet reserve. So to more than double that with just one guy wanting it that bad. Would be cause for seller to party all night with extra 7 grand someone was willing to pay for it.

Members online

Latest posts