Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buy my Moustache ... Plus a Chance to WIN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If you'd have made a Chris Pratt stubble relic card, I'd have driven to Houston through the night to pick it up.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
If you'd have made a Chris Pratt stubble relic card, I'd have driven to Houston through the night to pick it up.

You know, I actually got a few of his autographs in the mail a month or so back. I'm not sure if they are usable but I hope to make something with them.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Lol, this is funny!

I forget which one is photoshopped ...

cansecoflex1.jpg

cansecoflex2.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
@jbhofmann and @gracecollector you both are absolutely right. I can't restrict people's comments to only positive, but it is my hope that people will respect my polite request to not do so.

I probably should have not quoted you in my previous response, gracecollector, as I was not aiming at you personally. ..I was saying that for everyone.

Anyway, everyone has the right to say whatever they want, so now that I've said my peace, If anyone wants to still voice that they don't like it for some reason, I'll just grin and bear it :)

You can never make everyone happy.I really enjoy coming here to see what masterpiece you create next.Keep up the good work.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
So, it looks like we have a winner! Before I reveal the winner, I wanted to go through some facts.

This contest was run on Blowout, Beckett, Freedom Cardboard, Sports Card Forum, Net54Baseball, my blog and facebook. Out of hundreds of replies, I found that the responses varied quite a bit. Someone guessed $0, and someone guessed $3,000. Here is a statistical breakdown:

6% said under $100
22% said between $101-250
37% said between $251-400
22% said between $400-600
6% said $601 and over
3% said this whole thing was narcisisstic/creepy
2% said they thought someone would plant my moustache hair at a crime scene
2% threatened to clone me

Of course, we do have to remember that 98% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It has been a great week watching the guesses come in from all over the place!

So, with all that said - the winner .... drum roll pleaseeeee.....

SCF Member [MENTION=11157]Orioles[/MENTION]fan !

I will be pm'ing you with a request as to where I can send your rip card. Best of luck on your quest :)

I also wanted to publicly acknowledge Swipe79 and SSsportsCARDS for donating money for the mission trip. Thank you both!

Truly, everyone - thank you. This has been fun, but the fun does not stop here. www.TheMouschiCode.com is something I made for everyone to give a shot at just for fun! Once the winner of the rip card gets his shot at it, I'll let everyone else in.

Have a good evening, everyone, thanks for playing and keep your eyes peeled when the Mouschi Code is open to you!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
If I don't subscribe to Beckett where can I read the article about you?

They have it on their site in the news section at http://www.beckett.com/news/2015/05...-to-autograph-signing-at-jose-cansecos-house/ - I think the one in the magazine is longer, and it definitely shows more of my work, but ultimately it is basically just a shortened version of what I wrote of the forums anyway under the title "Chasing Canseco - Best Day Ever" If I recall correctly. If you wanted to pick up a beckett (many people have asked me about this) they sell them on ebay.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
My wife and son leave for their trip on Thursday, so I thought I'd just give an update on the whole money raising part. I had about 6 people buy the mini blue/red autographs of me, which was very nice of them. I even had 2 people donate some money from the forums!

My wife decided to do a massive garage sale, and asked some friends/family members if they had any junk to donate for us to sell.

Yeah, they did.

We ended up getting a boat load of stuff. People came through in a huge way. While I was very thankful for the donated items, I was worried about the amount of stress it would cause just listing everything.

We stayed up in the garage last night until around 2am and were pretty much out on our feet by bed time. Our neighborhood isn't very well trafficked for this kind of thing, so our expectations were low. To help traffic though, I went ahead and posted it on about 7 websites.

By our calculations, we had $637 left to raise for their part. (We still are responsible for about $500 to contribute to the "pot" to pay for the building materials / furniture for the house.) We had done a few other fund raising garage sales and the last one ended up bringing in about $150 or so which was great.

20150725_091503.jpg

7am came early, and we feverishly started putting things out. Before I even had time to litter the freeway and our neighborhood with our garage sale signs, people were checking out what we had.

By 8:30am, we were already sweat soaked because it was so hot and humid. At the end of the day, we filled up the cardboard mobile (the name I affectionately call our minivan thanks to my several excursions picking up card collections) and packed it to the brim (not joking - I'm surprised I fit in the driver seat!), then dropped the leftovers off to "Resale with a Purpose".

When I came back, we dumped all the money on the floor and counted it as a family. Keep in mind the part to pay for my wife and son was $637 (I actually didn't know this exact dollar until after the fact.) We ended up selling $645.55!

Needless to say, we are very happy and will be going out for a victory burger later. We still have about $500 left to go, but I would classify this as a miracle - that is a lot of money from a garage sale! God is good all the time, but He was especially good to us today!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts