Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buying World Series Tickets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
The following has never failed me when ticketless. The less people with you the better.

Go to the game 2 hours before gates open and look around outside/parking areas etc just yell out what you are looking for. Get a feel for prices look for people looking to sell their extras to scalpers they most of the time rather sell it to you for a discounted price than the guy who will mark it up. If too high go to a bar for a half hour and then do it again.

Stand in the area of scalpers selling and say you are buying. Most of my buys have been people pissed off a scalper offered them just above face and rather sell it directly to a fan for that.

If that fails

The closer the game gets to starting the more the scalpers want to move them and if they made their money already on some occasions they will even go below face just because the amount people looking for tickets are dwindling.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
The following has never failed me when ticketless. The less people with you the better.

Go to the game 2 hours before gates open and look around outside/parking areas etc just yell out what you are looking for. Get a feel for prices look for people looking to sell their extras to scalpers they most of the time rather sell it to you for a discounted price than the guy who will mark it up. If too high go to a bar for a half hour and then do it again.

Stand in the area of scalpers selling and say you are buying. Most of my buys have been people pissed off a scalper offered them just above face and rather sell it directly to a fan for that.

If that fails

The closer the game gets to starting the more the scalpers want to move them and if they made their money already on some occasions they will even go below face just because the amount people looking for tickets are dwindling.

How does scalping work now that you can print multiple copies of the same ticket? I only use stubhub for this reason, don't want to get to the gate with a bum ticket.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
How does scalping work now that you can print multiple copies of the same ticket? I only use stubhub for this reason, don't want to get to the gate with a bum ticket.

Oh yes. If I buy from an average Joe walking in I make it a point to say with all the fake tickets going around I would like to pay inside, show the money and all. If they say they rather not, ask to walk in with them so if its fake you tell security to stop them (if a print out). If a fan looking to get rid of a ticket none of this should be an issue they will understand, even offer to buy them a hot dog or something.

If I buy form a scalper on the street I make sure only hard tickets no print outs unless they are willing to walk up to the guy scanning and wait for the $. These guys are out to make cash, and need to be dealt with carefully.

Last edited:

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Guys if you are going to Busch Stadium for any games of the 2013 World Series and buying from a Scalper please be careful. With that said allow me to give you a few tips that can help you avoid being scammed. Some have already been mentioned. #1 . Try to avoid Print at Home Tickets, not only are these hard to scan causing potential problems at the gate, but they can also be duplicated very easily. #2 Ask the scalper to walk you to the gate and pay after the ticket scans, I know there are at least 2 at Busch Stadium who will do it. #3 Check the ticket you are purchasing front and back to make sure there is not a stamp, letter, or number marked on the back of the ticket. It could be a sharpie mark or a rubber stamp. #4 Do not buy a ticket/pass off of a fan who is leaving the game as you will not be able to get into the stadium without the necessary 3 items. #5 If the scalper has a stack of paper tickets ask to look at a couple and make sure the seat and barcode numbers are different, just because the seat numbers are different does not mean the barcode is different. It would literally take 1 minute to make 4 fake tickets with photoshop. #6 If you pay $10 for a ticket you are probably not getting a real ticket, expect to pay a decent amount for a ticket even after the gates close. These are a few of the ways to avoid being scammed but there are quite a few other ways I am sure. Be careful guys. I know most of this stuff because as an usher who works re-entry gates most nights I have seen most of this actually happen.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
^ this, in 2011 we almost bought some from some scalpers for game 2. Thankfully we didn't, a lady at the gate told us she had turned away a bunch of people with fakes. She said almost all of them were fake stub hubs

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
If anyone has any luck with finding a ticket please let me know as I'm interested in going to any of the cards home games. But I would need a little more time since I live in Chicago. Thanks and go Cards!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I seen a pair of tickets for section 161 on eBay today that were priced at $202 or something like that for the pair.

Which is outstandingly cheap for that section, for game 5.

I passed, assuming it was a scan, because the description said Pick Up Only, located two blocks from the Stadium.

Anyone ever heard of eBay scammers for tickets?

Members online

Latest posts