Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I paid $22 BIN for this delivered a while back.....
1996UpperDeckDiamondDestinyGoldA15a1.jpg

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Random question for you Cal guys... anyone going to Cal's Oriole's Induction Game vs. the Yankees this year? I usually go to one O's game a year and was at the Earl Weaver induction this past Saturday. You get a free mini-sculpture for being in attendance, and it will be an exact replica of the life size statue that will be unveiled that day.

I went to 2,131 and don't really follow the O's much anymore, but think I may go to that one. Of course it has to be a Yankees game though, tickets will be even more expensive than they already are.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
That guy has had that lot for sale forever. I keep waiting for him to break it up one day (and then actually add scans of stuff worth something).

ripken2131_8

Feb 4, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm questioning the legitimacy of this dudes listing based simply on the fact that he refers to the Police Ripken as his "red" rookie. You would think for someone with such a ridiculous collection he would do more to sell it that one crummy picture and a shoddy description. How can you expect someone to shell out that much cash with a listing like that!!!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I'm questioning the legitimacy of this dudes listing based simply on the fact that he refers to the Police Ripken as his "red" rookie. You would think for someone with such a ridiculous collection he would do more to sell it that one crummy picture and a shoddy description. How can you expect someone to shell out that much cash with a listing like that!!!

Agreed!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Where does he call it red?

Wasn't this collection under another user ID before? The picture looks like one from a big Ripken collector I once corresponded with. At the time he was looking to sell it off.

ripken2131_8

Feb 4, 2011
Savannah, GA
I have a question one of you guys may be able to answer for me. I've recently thought about getting milestone ticket stubs from games 1, 2130, 2131, 2632, 400 HR, 3000 Hits, etc. But what's the deal with all of the 3000 hit tickets? And they all have COAs? It just struck me as kind of strange. I feel like I've seen more "tickets" to that game than the number of people that actually went! Can one of you enlighten me?

-Will

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Hey tuna, did you buy that last ripken aqueous that was on ebay awhile back? It looked like it would grade about an 8.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Hey tuna, did you buy that last ripken aqueous that was on ebay awhile back? It looked like it would grade about an 8.

Nah, I bowed out of that one. Kevin O'Connor over on the PSA boards picked it up. Sounds like he's going to be sending it in to see if it grades better than his current, and then selling the lesser grade.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Folks aren't waiting for the final day to get the price up on that one.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
5% vs 88% and going for $885 already. Just WOW!

On another note, anyone knows what can be done to fix this? I bought the card for cheap but the autograph is pretty much done. Looks like somebody erased it.
2005UDPortraitsScrapbookSignatures.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts