Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card show pickups from Phoenix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
bighurtcollector said:
Ha, funny you mention the central/bethany show. That's the one, back in '01 I used to do that show, when I could get a table...I remember when 01 donruss came out I was on a 3 page waiting list to sell at that show, last week the two rows of tables was, well sad. I really only go to Batters Box also, not to offend any other sellers in town or anything but I know Dave is honest and to where he doesn't normally have high end packs and boxes and stuff I know i'll always walk away happy with him, been dealing with him for 15 years now. I think i'm going to start going to the shows monthly, i picked up a few good cards last week for my PC. One was a Ducky medwick jumbo swatch; guy wanted $100 and i got that and a marty marion auto for $30 so i was happy with that! and another guy had a $5 each or 3/$10 and I dont hink he realized he had chrome autos and ginter on card autos in there. I was happy on that one too :)

I know Dave well. He's a great guy! I live right by that shop. I stop in a couple times a week. They get some really good vintage cards in sell them for a lot less than anyone else in town. I also know that he does not hold back the best copies to grade.
I used to do Shows around here but I just dont have the time. Its hard to find good stuff at the shows because most of the buyers at the show only want commons for completing sets.
Usually good deals at the Central show. I spent $300 there and was very happy with I picked up.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
....I live right by Dave's too, i'm at 31st & Peoria, my name is Mark-Mike calls me "Cardinal Mark" cause i buy all his vintage Cardinals stuff

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
bighurtcollector said:
....I live right by Dave's too, i'm at 31st & Peoria, my name is Mark-Mike calls me "Cardinal Mark" cause i buy all his vintage Cardinals stuff
Crazy we are practically neighbors. I live at 31st and cactus

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice haul. Personally, if I came upon that deal, I'd keep all the major league stuff and sell all the prospect autos and GU. Great deal.

Careful though, folks tend to get froggy about "steals" on this baord. Or maybe it's only on certain cards or with certain members. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
Very nice haul. Personally, if I came upon that deal, I'd keep all the major league stuff and sell all the prospect autos and GU. Great deal.
the whole lot was prospect stuff basically. I have lots sorted that should get my investment back on that im selling on ebay.Some im keeping and others I will sell here.

Careful though, folks tend to get froggy about "steals" on this baord. Or maybe it's only on certain cards or with certain members. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Yeah I thought about that but since I didnt try to buy the lot for $25 and it wasnt an old lady but a guy who was a long time dealer. I felt I was safe. Besides the guys pitch to get me to buy was I could easily double my money. dont know why he didnt want it.

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
bighurtcollector said:

Where's that shop at? Near Metrocenter? I live out in Peoria... usually go to AZ Sports out on Camelback.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
frazzles said:
bighurtcollector said:

Where's that shop at? Near Metrocenter? I live out in Peoria... usually go to AZ Sports out on Camelback.

Yeah, batter box is at 28th drive & cactus on the SW corner behind the asian restaurant. He's closed Tuesdays & Thursdays. Don's is a bit of a drive for me but if i'm buying more than 1 box i'll drive out there with my buddy Adam or Chad (dont know if you know either of them) but just not too fond that they allow their guys to smoke in the store at AZ sports. Funny, we've all probably run into each other one time or another here in Phoenix

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
bighurtcollector said:
frazzles said:
bighurtcollector said:

Yeah, batter box is at 28th drive & cactus on the SW corner behind the asian restaurant. He's closed Tuesdays & Thursdays. Don's is a bit of a drive for me but if i'm buying more than 1 box i'll drive out there with my buddy Adam or Chad (dont know if you know either of them) but just not too fond that they allow their guys to smoke in the store at AZ sports. Funny, we've all probably run into each other one time or another here in Phoenix

Maybe, I haven't been to any shows or anything... only been to the shop up by Arrowhead once to do a sale with someone on here... I've only been "collecting" since last May and I got most of my wax online.

I'll definitely check out that shop though.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
Was this the show at like Union Hills & 43rd ave? I forgot about that. I did the show last weekend on Bethany & Central...

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
Oh and as far as hobby shops go. I frequent the Phoenix Card Co-op on 43rd & bell. Been buying wax from Ruth for years and followed her from the old shop she worked at on 67th & 101...

If was is what you are looking for the co-op is the place to go IMO...

Members online