Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards of your players that you have never seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
1988 Chef Boyardee #18B Andre Dawson COR

I have a handful of the error cards and several different panel cuts from sheets of the error card but I have never seen the corrected card.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I think I have the Winfield blank back.

One finally popped up on eBay today and I snagged it.

-------

Another from the "does it exist?" for Winfield would be the 1981 Padres Family Fun. Only Beckett lists this set, the Standard Catalog does not. I have not been able to find any images of what the set should look like as Beckett doesn't have a thumbnail with their listing for either year. According to Beckett, it was similar to the 1980 set, but featured 12 fewer players. These weren't cards at all, the players were included on something that was more like a small poster or place mat, on regular poster glossy paper stock. Given that Winfield signed with the Yankees in 1981, I'm not sure why the Padres would have even included him in a 1981 set that was given out during the 1981 season at Jack Murphy Stadium. This is what the 1980 issue looked like:
1980FamilyFunPadres.jpg

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ
One finally popped up on eBay today and I snagged it.

-------

Another from the "does it exist?" for Winfield would be the 1981 Padres Family Fun. Only Beckett lists this set, the Standard Catalog does not. I have not been able to find any images of what the set should look like as Beckett doesn't have a thumbnail with their listing for either year. According to Beckett, it was similar to the 1980 set, but featured 12 fewer players. These weren't cards at all, the players were included on something that was more like a small poster or place mat, on regular poster glossy paper stock. Given that Winfield signed with the Yankees in 1981, I'm not sure why the Padres would have even included him in a 1981 set that was given out during the 1981 season at Jack Murphy Stadium. This is what the 1980 issue looked like:
1980FamilyFunPadres.jpg

Congratulations, that's a great set!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1998 Upper Deck 5 x 7 Blow Ups (numbered between 605 and 620 ) are comprised of selected stars from the Eminent Prestige subset

Members online

Latest posts