Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cavs give Wild Thing 6 yrs,50 Million & are close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Say good bye to Lebron. Terrible signing, especially with the cap going backwards.

edit: The Mavs just got Marion for 5 years 39 million. I know Marion isn't the same player he used to be, but you tell me which is the better deal...

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
KOBEARODLT said:
def a stupid signing

They could've gotten Ariza for less, which would've been a much better signing. Danny Ferry must have a plan, at least I hope he does for Cleveland's sake.

Correct me if i'm wrong,but they couldn't give Ariza that kind of money,only reason why Andy got it was they can go over the cap to sign thier own player....I agree it was stupid to give him that much,unless they are going to sign & trade with somebody.

As far as LeBron is concerned,i really think he is staying here.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Bornagaincollector said:
KOBEARODLT said:
def a stupid signing

They could've gotten Ariza for less, which would've been a much better signing. Danny Ferry must have a plan, at least I hope he does for Cleveland's sake.

Correct me if i'm wrong,but they couldn't give Ariza that kind of money,only reason why Andy got it was they can go over the cap to sign thier own player....I agree it was stupid to give him that much,unless they are going to sign & trade with somebody.

As far as LeBron is concerned,i really think he is staying here.

I think if he does stay as the team is configured now and management working the way it has been, he will never win a ring. It takes a minimum of 2 superstars in this league to win it all, and I don't see how they do that with these crappy signings.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
He is a big guard who is a very strong one on one defender. He would have been very valauble against the Magic in the playoffs. he is also a very solid 3 pt shooter. I do not thinkt was a bad signing at all

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
Huffamaniac said:
He is a big guard who is a very strong one on one defender. He would have been very valauble against the Magic in the playoffs. he is also a very solid 3 pt shooter. I do not thinkt was a bad signing at all

Who are you talking about? Surely not side show bob.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Anthony Parker. Boy did I miss the meaning of this topic. I saw Parker's name and completely did not focus on Anderson V and the size of his contract. My bad

Huffamaniac said:

Who are you talking about? Surely not side show bob.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Huffamaniac said:
With Z and Shaq getting old, The Cavs wanted to make sure they had one young big man signed long term

KandKCards said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
Weird, didn't see that reported anywhere. Abysmal signing. He's a backup PF at best.
Good logic if you are going under the assertion that Verajao is worth locking up long term, which he is not.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
KandKCards said:
Huffamaniac said:
With Z and Shaq getting old, The Cavs wanted to make sure they had one young big man signed long term

KandKCards said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
Weird, didn't see that reported anywhere. Abysmal signing. He's a backup PF at best.
Good logic if you are going under the assertion that Verajao is worth locking up long term, which he is not.

The big question is, who else was in the running for him? This seems like the all too common case of the Red Sox/Yankees outbidding themselves to get a player. Who else was willing to pay Anderson Varejao anywhere near that much money/years in this financial climate?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I read Dallas had a big offer into him.Cuban likes him a lot

Tomlinson21RB said:
KandKCards said:
Huffamaniac said:

KandKCards said:
Tomlinson21RB said:

The big question is, who else was in the running for him? This seems like the all too common case of the Red Sox/Yankees outbidding themselves to get a player. Who else was willing to pay Anderson Varejao anywhere near that much money/years in this financial climate?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Horrible. If that's what Anderson costs, they could've definitely gotten a much more talented David Lee for much less. Orlando exposed Varejao for the jabroni that he is in the Eastern Conference Finals, the worst thing they could've done was lock up this immobile big man to a long term deal.

Members online