Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chael vs Anderson, how's it go down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
It seemed to me it may have been the armbar that did the trick in this fight. Granted it was the triangle that allowed that to happen. I get the impression Anderson's triangle is not extremely effective since in both this fight and the Lytle fight his opponents basically tapped for reasons other than the triangle (Lytle to elbows).

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
seanho2309 said:
kdailey4315 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
he got lucky that chael was stupid enough to sit back like that. he should have stayed laying on him like he did the whole fight.

I just don't think it's luck when you do something you've trained your whole life to do. That's like saying that Sonnen was lucky that Silva couldn't stop him from taking him down time after time.

I don't really think Chael was stupid either, he just got caught. That is/has always been Chael's achillies heel...submissions. He had a gameplan and he executed it almost to perfection. Anderson Silva showed why he is the champion...he overcame what was going to be a sure loss and turned it into a victory.

KOBEARODLT-I imagine by your comments with Chael being stupid and all...you would've came out Middleweight Champion.

all im saying is he shouldnt have sat back like that at the end when he didnt do it the whole fight, the whole fight he was basically face to face with im or had his face in his chest covering silva mouth and so on, he shouldnt have changed it at the end

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
You guys need to go back and watch the fight. Silva cracked Chael real good right before he threw the triangle up and then started throwing elbows and it looked like Chael got dazed and covered up his face with his left hand. He forgot Silva still had wrist control of the right hand. Between the punch that landed and when Silva threw up the triangle is about 7 seconds.

No luck involved. Silva used whatever weapons, nailed Chael just right, and thats that.

But my god it was great to see someone do whatever they wanted to Silva. He just got abused for 23 minutes and that is good enough for me.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I will tell you one thing. Chael Sonnen earned my respect Saturday night. I initially thought Chael's chatter was just for showmanship sort of like a boxing match, but he sure backed it up despite picking up the loss. Chael's banter turned the fight into just a fight the hardcore MMA fan would watch into a fight that the whole world wanted to see...and for that I'll bet he was handsomely rewarded by Dana & Co.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
sigma_chi said:
I will tell you one thing. Chael Sonnen earned my respect Saturday night. I initially thought Chael's chatter was just for showmanship sort of like a boxing match, but he sure backed it up despite picking up the loss. Chael's banter turned the fight into just a fight the hardcore MMA fan would watch into a fight that the whole world wanted to see...and for that I'll bet he was handsomely rewarded by Dana & Co.

Ironically Silva benefited the most from all of Chael's smack talk as he gets a cut of PPV money. Chael probably doubled his earnings.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
sigma_chi said:

Ironically Silva benefited the most from all of Chael's smack talk as he gets a cut of PPV money. Chael probably doubled his earnings.

I disagree with the underlined statement above as Chael definitely benefited moreso overall than Silva did/does. Chael has gained notoriety & a fan-base that previously were non-existant (he may have had fan's but I can guarantee you that this bout with Silva has literally put him on the map)! Although Silva may get a cut of the PPV just imagine the amount of money, exposure, & opportunity Sonnen will have access to in the future as a result of him "talking the talk" & then "walking the walk", opposed to if he hadn't "flapped his gum's" promoting this fight & then performing the way he did against Silva. Although Silva walked away from this bout with the belt & his PPV cut, Chael walked away with more as his stock has risen to a level that many probably thought was impossible!

My 2 cents! :D

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
HoustonTeams4Me said:
kdailey4315 said:
sigma_chi said:

I disagree with the underlined statement above as Chael definitely benefited moreso overall than Silva did/does. Chael has gained notoriety & a fan-base that previously were non-existant (he may have had fan's but I can guarantee you that this bout with Silva has literally put him on the map)! Although Silva may get a cut of the PPV just imagine the amount of money, exposure, & opportunity Sonnen will have access to in the future as a result of him "talking the talk" & then "walking the walk", opposed to if he hadn't "flapped his gum's" promoting this fight & then performing the way he did against Silva. Although Silva walked away from this bout with the belt & his PPV cut, Chael walked away with more as his stock has risen to a level that many probably thought was impossible!

My 2 cents! :D

I speaking solely on a monetary basis. I agree with everything you said though.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I thinks he gets a rematch also,if Sonnen wins the belt,who does he defend it against?I believe if Silva wins,he should fight Belfort at lhw.We all know that Belfort isn't making 185lbs.

Members online

Latest posts