Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****CHRISTMAS EVE MT***** 12/24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Howdy, all...going to be a different Christmas for sure. We lost my dad to Covid in early November, so brother not coming in town since he was here for that (would have to quarantine again) and local family going out of town to visit my cousin since she's not coming home. So it'll just be us 2 and mom for Christmas this year. We'll make the most of it, though. =) Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!
So sorry for your loss.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
My condolences about your dad. That is rough.

My dad passed when I was a kid, but my mom is still kicking. I'm seeing her tomorrow and we are cooking dinner together - ham, veggies, and scalloped potatoes.

Mom and I aren't going to my brother's house this weekend for Xmas, as we normally would. Instead we are going up next weekend for New Years. On Monday I had "the talk" about covid with my brother, where I learned that his office had a covid outbreak recently - and half the employees got it. Better to know that now, I suppose. And his kids are still having play dates with other kids and going to the "ninja warrior" sessions at the local gym. So then, after much negotiation, we agreed that they would quarrantine during the coming week, and then me and our frail, elderly mom would come to visit.

Ah well, it's that time of year and it will be good to get together, even if it's a week late. I send good wishes and good health to all you guys, and your loved ones, this holiday season.

Howdy, all...going to be a different Christmas for sure. We lost my dad to Covid in early November, so brother not coming in town since he was here for that (would have to quarantine again) and local family going out of town to visit my cousin since she's not coming home. So it'll just be us 2 and mom for Christmas this year. We'll make the most of it, though. =) Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!

Last edited:

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO

Sorry to hear that. I lost my dad almost 6 years ago. Just try and focus on all the good times you shared with him, be strong for your mom and hold onto the eternal hope to see him again one day.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts

Sorry for your loss. My wife passed away in Sept. 2019

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Hopefully a week is good enough. Sounds like that gathering might not be worth the risk and chalk it up to a better safe than sorry moment. My mom is 92 and is now pretty dependent upon her 4 kids for everything and we only got together in separate shifts, despite all of us being there in her house at different times to help her out. Adding everyone together in a small space is not worth the risk. This is very likely her last Christmas anyway, but I'd rather there be a better chance at another with us all together next year. The temporary separation is not the end of the world for most, yet it sure feels like some people act like it will be.

My condolences about your dad. That is rough.

My dad passed when I was a kid, but my mom is still kicking. I'm seeing her tomorrow and we are cooking dinner together - ham, veggies, and scalloped potatoes.

Mom and I aren't going to my brother's house this weekend for Xmas, as we normally would. Instead we are going up next weekend for New Years. On Monday I had "the talk" about covid with my brother, where I learned that his office had a covid outbreak recently - and half the employees got it. Better to know that now, I suppose. And his kids are still having play dates with other kids and going to the "ninja warrior" sessions at the local gym. So then, after much negotiation, we agreed that they would quarrantine during the coming week, and then me and our frail, elderly mom would come to visit.

Ah well, it's that time of year and it will be good to get together, even if it's a week late. I send good wishes and good health to all you guys, and your loved ones, this holiday season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts