Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Christmas Gift - Ron Santo-style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
Is there a resident Ron Santo collector on the boards here?

As an early Christmas present from a second-cousin of mine, I received the Special Photographic Tribute of Ron Santo produced by the Chicago Tribune. Here's a link to the book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ron-Santo-Heart-S ... =8-1-fkmr0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was a very thoughtful gift, but I am neither a Cubs fan nor a Ron Santo fan. I figure someone on the boards here will appreciate the book more than me, so I will give it away to any Ron Santo or Cubs fan that can provide it a good home. Just reply to this thread and/or shoot me a pm with your address.

Edit: I'll ship it out on Monday, December 26.

panicpitsfunk1

Nov 16, 2010
That is a nice gesture of you. I am Santo fan(but already got the book), and am very happy that he finally made it into the hall, well deserved indeed! I am friends with his son, and he was very happy with the way this book came out and supplied some of the photos in it that were part of the family archives, and I don't think they were published anywhere before.